DSC08737.JPG

Now, over to Market Lane Park:

DSC08738.JPG

DSC08740.JPG

Finally, the classic views of the Front, from Front:

DSC08742.JPG

DSC08743.JPG

DSC08741.JPG

Note in this clip from the photos above that they seem to have finished the 'frame' for the roof covering of the west roof. I assume the east one will be done in the next week or so. I assume they will be installing the concrete (??) roofing material on top of the metal soon.

1659297443316.png

Note in this clip from the photos above that they seem to have finished the 'frame' for the roof covering of the west roof. I assume the east one will be done in the next week or so. I assume they will be installing the concrete (??) roofing material on top of the metal soon.

View attachment 417148
Please tell me that the underside of the metal will be covered in some way (and it will not look like a garden shed roof, from ground level).

I think you can rest assured it will be done. Patience!
I like it. Reminds me of the barn, but with a more finished look! Adding that patina of rusty galvanized metal would be even better, possibly a sagging door or two, the manure spreader I need to fix....after all this is a 'farmers' market.

I thought this was a green roof? Not sure where I read or when I dreamt about that. We shall soon see.
from https://www.adamson-associates.com/...h-building-city-of-toronto-provincial-courts/ :

"Adamson Associates Architects and Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners won the Design Competition to revitalize the North Building of Toronto’s St. Lawrence Market Complex.

Replacing the existing building built in 1967, the award-winning design will preserve the Farmer’s Market on the ground floor, while the upper three floors consolidate the City’s Provincial courts, with glass walkways linking the two sides of the building.

In the centre of the building, a five-storey high atrium will frame the market to the south and the historic St. Lawrence Hall to the north. Underground parking for 250 vehicles will also be available. The revitalized structure allows market shoppers to view life and activities on Front Street, Jarvis Street, and on Market Lane Park from within its glass atrium, effectively creating an open indoor market that resembles a fresh, outdoor setting.

Sustainable features include a new green roof and a geothermal system to make the North Market a model for energy efficiency and sustainability."

Back