I’m curious as to how the provincial courtrooms will work here, as it’s rare to have them with windows (obvious security/safety reasons). And yet, each “wing” seems just wide enough for the average courtroom, meaning there’s gonna be a wall of glass somewhere.

Anyone know? Will there be smart glass used or just some kind of internal shuttering?

I’m curious as to how the provincial courtrooms will work here, as it’s rare to have them with windows (obvious security/safety reasons). And yet, each “wing” seems just wide enough for the average courtroom, meaning there’s gonna be a wall of glass somewhere.

Anyone know? Will there be smart glass used or just some kind of internal shuttering?

Internal partitions - there is a circulation corridor at the periphery of the floor.

AoD

Internal partitions - there is a circulation corridor at the periphery of the floor.

AoD
So they’ll be pretty small courtrooms then, no? Also seems like there’ll be a lot less light in the atrium from the sides, and then direct sunlight will only be playing a small part a few hours a day.

It seems a shame not to have used smart glass then, and maximized natural lighting. I assume it’d have been better for the Leeds rating, at very least.

IMG_2006.JPG

So they’ll be pretty small courtrooms then, no? Also seems like there’ll be a lot less light in the atrium from the sides, and then direct sunlight will only be playing a small part a few hours a day.

It seems a shame not to have used smart glass then, and maximized natural lighting. I assume it’d have been better for the Leeds rating, at very least.

From what I understand, these courtrooms are primarily for parking / HTA / provincial offences. These are generally not maximum security courtrooms.

Criminal charges will continue to be heard at Old City Hall and other locations until the new court behind City Hall is completed.

From what I understand, these courtrooms are primarily for parking / HTA / provincial offences. These are generally not maximum security courtrooms.

Criminal charges will continue to be heard at Old City Hall and other locations until the new court behind City Hall is completed.
I think TOTALLY for parking and HTA offences.

This will, apparently continue for a week or so:

JARVIS ST At 11 From FRONT ST E To KING ST

Occupying east and west bound lane due to hoisting glass panel
Closure Type:Construction (Planned)
Time Frame:Daily
Until:Oct 7, 2022
Hours:09:00 a.m. to 03:30 p.m.
Impact:Major
Road Class:Major Arterial
District:Toronto and East York
Contractor:ThomKess Crane Rentals
ID:R153802