Photos taken October 2nd, 2022:

DSC09836.JPG

DSC09837.JPG

DSC09838.JPG

DSC09839.JPG

DSC09840.JPG

DSC09841.JPG

DSC09843.JPG

I don't think the blue compliments the orange or the remaining grey framing / I-beams at all. Frankly, I'm puzzled by the colour choice. I'm hoping this is some sort of primer for another colour.

The latest rendering shows a tone of grey around the steel necklace of the building... though the render may have the slightest hint of blue insinuated. ;)

In Vision and Perception neuroscience circles, seeing that hint of blue may be an "aftereffect"... since I was staring slicecom's photo before clicking on the rendering (it's a thing).

I don't think the blue compliments the orange or the remaining grey framing / I-beams at all. Frankly, I'm puzzled by the colour choice. I'm hoping this is some sort of primer for another colour.

Actually if you look at the colour wheel the blue would be pretty much a complementary to the orange.

AoD

It may compliment the orange according to colour theory but it doesn't compliment the gunmetal grey. I don't know why it was necessary to go this route at all with such strong colour coming from the orange brises-soliel. But if you're going to add colour here too, go all the way. Don't choose a colour that's barely distinguishable from grey. It looks almost like they ran out of grey paint and had to pick the closest colour available.

Not that particular shade of blue, methinks. Too grey and washed out - no match for the vibrant saturation of that orange. Blue is indeed opposite orange on the colour wheel, but the devil's in the details. Yeah, colour is a subjective thing, for sure. But in my eyes, it's an unfortunate pairing. I'll have to see it on site though.

I'll have to side with the 'blue is too muted' crowd here, to be properly complementary they should've chosen an equally bright/saturated blue- turquoise on the colour wheel would be appropriate.

martian_colour_wheel_24_hue_f.png

You can see how well it works on this turquoise building with the orange terra cotta shingles.

ed4324302b8b9b2cf99b1724d0ee9d16.jpg

But all that aside, there's no way I'm complaining since we're starved for colour in Toronto and that orange is nice and bold. Anything else is gravy.

Back