Now that the glass over the atrium is complete you can begin to get a sense of the lovely interplay with the heritage building north of it; sadly it's not visible from the angles I can get to yet.

IMG_9189.JPG
IMG_9190.JPG

Any plans to improve the street scape/ pedestrian crossing along front street between the two markets?
Plans, no. Hope, yes. The SLNA are talking to Chris Moise about Section 37 funds but at the end of the day there is not that much that can be done as Front is a main road and certainly needs at least 2 lanes of moving traffic plus probably a 'drop-off' lane.

Plans, no. Hope, yes. The SLNA are talking to Chris Moise about Section 37 funds but at the end of the day there is not that much that can be done as Front is a main road and certainly needs at least 2 lanes of moving traffic plus probably a 'drop-off' lane.

Something like at Union station .. but with proper barriers/ bollards

Something like at Union station .. but with proper barriers/ bollards
Around here one needs to be careful as the City loves jersey barriers. Do not forget that when the fencing on Front is removed the sidewalk outside new North Market is really very good and Market Lane Park should start being fixed up this year too. I heard that the police do not like anything that encourages crossing outside an official 'crossing place' (e.g. the ramp in the median) but ....

DSC is much more connected than I am, but as an observer, the chances of Front being put on any sort of road diet are minimal. There should be nice changes to the sidewalk and Market Lane, though. And the Market St. permanent opening should happen, I think.

Back