In fairness, the North Market building is certainly NOT finished at the moment - they are continuing to work on the roofing and are busily working inside with internal walls etc (presumably mostly in the Court House floors of the building). Chris Moise's newsletter states that the building will be 'completed' by the end of the year. My other sources still say that the farmers will not move in until 'spring 2024'. If both are correct, there will be several months (4?) where the building will be 'complete" but not yet open. Of course, I also want it open (at least the main floor which has virtually no 'finishing') ASAP and I still think this is possible - the Court floors (and even the parking) could wait until late spring 2024. I think we need to lobby for a partial opening and not wait until every last office and courtroom is finished. Councillor Moise: councillor_Moise@toronto.ca or even Holyday - who (unfortunately) chairs the General Government Committee. councillor_holyday@toronto.ca
I get that. I just don't want it to sit there empty with the doors locked if it's mostly completed for a needless lengthy time.

IMG_4455.JPG
IMG_4458.JPG
IMG_4457.JPG
IMG_4456.JPG

I hope there's plans to redo the sidewalk around the perimeter but I'm not holding my breadth.

I hope there's plans to redo the sidewalk around the perimeter but I'm not holding my breadth.
This was discussed a few pages back and yes, the sidewalks will be (or have been) redone.

The One on JARVIS from King to Front was replaced last year.

The one on FRONT from Jarvis to Market Lane Park will be done this year and the road fixed too.

Market Lane Park will be redone in late 2023 and 2024.

Back