Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
St. Matthew's House: a proposed 6-storey affordable rental apartment designed by CMV Group Architects for St. Matthew's House on the south side of Barton Street East, west of Leeming Street and east of Smith Avenue in Hamilton's Landsdale neighbourhood.

Perspectives from the project website:
image19.jpg
image20.jpg

Existing building at 412 Barton St E (immediately west of the existing St. Matthew's House at 414 Barton St E) to be demolished:
1683738080872.png

1683738107010.png

Edit: whoops, didn't realize there was already a thread for this. I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it, thanks for moving my post.

THE HOPE AND THE PLAN

The property at 412 Barton [St E] will be converted to 15 deeply affordable units. They are intended for seniors facing homelessness, with a special focus on Indigenous and Black older adults 55+, designating 50% of the units for women.
1000002801.png

Last edited:
I really hope that wall doesn't end up being blank brick as shown...

So only 6 "seniors" can fit into this? Seems small.. or maybe there are more on the back as it is quite deep.. but yeah the lack of side windows is a tad odd..

Wdym only 6? There are 15 units
I did state maybe there were more on the back - and my bad I miscounted the floors - its 5 floors above the 1st floor.. so .. the middle units just don't have windows..? I'd need to see all views of this building and floor plans to truly understand what's going on inside, since it's incredibly narrow..

Back