When I'm visiting a thread in the Buildings thread in the Projects and Construction subsection, I have no interest in reading about the politics of anything. If it were up to me I'd go even further and close the thread for posts when a building is completed.

When I'm visiting a thread in the Buildings thread in the Projects and Construction subsection, I have no interest in reading about the politics of anything. If it were up to me I'd go even further and close the thread for posts when a building is completed.

Politics and development go hand in hand; many projects are held up by, championed by or rallied against by politicians. Donald Trump; as both hotelier and presidential candidate is entirely relevant to the future of this building, even though he's not Canadian. His actions reflect on his company, who manage the hotel portion. His name is thus on the building, and his actions have had an impact on the ongoing construction and operation of Trump Residences.

I suggest you visit engineering, construction and architecture forums if all you want to read is the minutiae of the construction process. This site is about urban development as a whole, not individual components.

You know what interests you. That's totally valid.

Unclear to me why that should constrain the discussions of others, though.

Well, the building is completed. You are welcome to leave.

Last edited:
I'm up the street and walked out of my door on to Adelaide and saw this skyscraper height beam of light streaming up. Felt right out of Bladerunner. :eek:

https://vid.me/GJM4

This one in particular wasn't the coolest one. I think it ran on an on the hour light show like the CN Tower and this was at the tail end, around midnight. The earlier parts were more psychedelic. I hope that they finally get around to keeping the lights on. With the CN Tower, Aura and now this, Toronto could use more of these lights on the skyline.

Forgive me for saying it, but, is there no way we can remove any affiliation to the Trump brand? Politics and architecture seldom conflict, but the name Trump stands for everything Canadains despise. I know what you're thinking, and you're right, but just seeing that horrid excuse for a human beings name so high in our skyline just makes me cringe. Up until his campaign, I had no idea of what he truly stands for, and I'm appalled by it, and him. Am I the only one thinking this?

Forgive me for saying it, but, is there no way we can remove any affiliation to the Trump brand? Politics and architecture seldom conflict, but the name Trump stands for everything Canadains despise. I know what you're thinking, and you're right, but just seeing that horrid excuse for a human beings name so high in our skyline just makes me cringe. Up until his campaign, I had no idea of what he truly stands for, and I'm appalled by it, and him. Am I the only one thinking this?

Apparently

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/05/27/torontos-trump-tower-for-sale.html

Back