8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Coltaine79

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've been to Kenosha; I reported it here back in 2006. I'm somewhat surprised it's still running; after all it was to spur waterfront redevelopment on the old American Motors lands and connect it to the Metra Station. When I was there, on a Friday, only one of the five cars was running, and ridership was very light.

CT and ST: Yes-it is good to see former Toronto PCC cars in use in Kenosha's heritage streetcar service...

I am thinking forward and I will ask if there are plans for further use and/or preservation of the TTC's fleet
of 80s vintage CLRV cars when they are finally replaced by new LRV cars in the coming years?

LI MIKE

Cincinnati testing its new streetcars for September start.

From this link.

Back in November, the first of Cincinnati's five streetcars was delivered. Since then, the second has arrived with the rest of the fleet heading here via Spain and Elmira, New York. The vehicles and system are currently undergoing an extensive, federally mandated testing process with the full system slated to open in September.

DC streetcar system could open as soon as Feb. 26

From link:
City safety officials say Washington could launch passenger service on the rail cars by the end of the month.

The D.C. fire department said in a letter to the Federal Transit Administration that the streetcar system’s grand opening could be “on or about Feb. 26” if “all final requisite activities are successfully completed by” transportation and safety officials.”

Those activities include final safety walk-throughs and documentation.

The letter follows the conclusion of pre-revenue operations, or making repeated dry runs in search of potential safety lapses. In December, Department of Transportation officials launched a three-week pre-revenue period. However, federal officials told the District that was insufficient, so it was extended.

The last D.C. streetcars stopped operating 54 years ago. Nearly 10 years ago, the city tried to bring them back.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Doubt that the buses did not go through the same "safety" walk-throughs and checks, when they replaced Washington DC's streetcars 54 years ago.

Back