Wow over 800K SF of office space - that's almost equal to Bay Adelaide East. It will certainly help liven up the place

I'm wondering how well the existing film spaces will coexist with the new retail and offices planned. I have my doubts but I'm also prepared to be pleasantly surprised. I've been working just down the street at 721 Eastern since December of last year and just signed onto a new series operating out of the same offices/studios. I can easily see construction interfering with actual shooting on the sound stages at Revival, for starters. And in general, Eastern is already getting pretty bad for traffic.

On the other hand, really glad to see this move along. The land has been underused for far too long. It gives off the stink of urban blight.

The project was approved at City Council back in 2015, but there has been no movement since.

Does anyone have the inside scoop?

edit:
Revival 629 Film Studios (“Revival 629”), announced today that it will make a further investment in its film studios at 629 Eastern Avenue. In response to the growing demand from the industry, Revival 629 will build a new 7,500 square foot studio called Revival XP. This studio will cater to those in the industry producing music videos, TV commercials and virtual reality (VR). As is customary in these types of productions, Revival XP will lease space on a short term basis to those who require easily accessible space for a specific period. In addition, there will be 1,500 square feet of support space. The state of the art facility will offer 40 foot ceiling height, green walls and lighting grids. Revival XP will be available for lease by July 2017

Last edited:
Any updates? Are they waiting for the GM mobility campus to start construction?

Ya would love to see some news regarding this expansion. Is it being reimagined now that 2 years have lapsed?

Work on this site has still not progressed. Does anyone happen to know why?

Back