Just a couple, taken after sunset, yesterday, November 23rd, 2022:

First up, from Front and Jarvis looking over the St. Lawrence Market:

DSC00375.JPG

The second, is taken from the mews within the Market Square complex:

DSC00381.JPG

novavenom

Member Bio
Reaction score
The HOUSING LOTTERY for the 204 x available Affordable-Rental units inside Lido at Sugar Wharf is now open for applications until September 30th...

do you know where they are at in terms of selection process? I haven't heard any updates in a while.. I assumed since the city are the ones over seeing both housing lotteries of 32 freeland & 99 lake shore that they are trying to finish up freeland's selection process before proceeding with 99 lake shores? or at least thats what Im hoping, with the month of silence since they're only contacting successful candidates

HousingNowTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
do you know where they are at in terms of selection process? I haven't heard any updates in a while.. I assumed since the city are the ones over seeing both housing lotteries of 32 freeland & 99 lake shore that they are trying to finish up freeland's selection process before proceeding with 99 lake shores? or at least thats what Im hoping, with the month of silence since they're only contacting successful candidates
There is a reddit thread with people sharing information on status and process(es) of their Housing Lottery applications for the FREELAND and LIDO at SUGAR WHARF sites - https://www.reddit.com/r/askTO/comments/xxd341
You will see there is lots of confusion, eg – “you need to call this guy’s cell”, etc.

novavenom

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is a reddit thread with people sharing information on status and process(es) of their Housing Lottery applications for the FREELAND and LIDO at SUGAR WHARF sites - https://www.reddit.com/r/askTO/comments/xxd341
You will see there is lots of confusion, eg – “you need to call this guy’s cell”, etc.
omg i didn't even think to check reddit! thank you so much!!!

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Jury is still out for me on those cow splotches...though admittedly they do work at certain angles and distances, but not with all. I think my primary beef is their monochrome use of colour makes them quite depressing to look at, even on days of sunshine and blue sky. Thusly, it really does embrace Toronto the grey. And not in the best of ways, IMO.

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Jury is still out for me on those cow splotches...though admittedly they do work at certain angles and distances, but not with all. I think my primary beef is their monochrome use of colour makes them quite depressing to look at, even on days of sunshine and blue sky. Thusly, it really does embrace Toronto the grey. And not in the best of ways, IMO.
Nah, they work fine. In a world where 70+ storey towers are background buildings, it's fine to just let things like this play a supporting part. Yeah, yeah, 'waterfront'...I'm not really concerned. If we really cared, we'd enact some concrete policy to this effect, but, as Lifetime / DiamondCorp are proving, we can absolutely put up any utter garbage and no one in power will care.