It won't be rented to students. Large units in such locations are treated as upscale. And generally, high end units are expected to have washrooms for each individual/bedroom.

The one three bedroom unit has three full bathrooms. What sense does that make? What a waste of space when you have 1200 to work with.
My 1,000 sq.ft. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom could easily fit another bed and bath if the living room wasn't so ridiculously oversized. 1,200 is plenty for a 3+3.

It won't be rented to students. Large units in such locations are treated as upscale. And generally, high end units are expected to have washrooms for each individual/bedroom.

My 1,000 sq.ft. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom could easily fit another bed and bath if the living room wasn't so ridiculously oversized. 1,200 is plenty for a 3+3.

Wealthy Chinese students (they could go for a house but want the views/amenities).

Some of those units seem so small...
Oh yes, they are. The one I invested in is quite small indeed, but it has an incredible view and a very large balcony (sort of a quirky shape unit). Most importantly, that size of unit was the only one in this development I was able to afford at the time. Views from the 61st floor could compensate a bit. Also, building amenities and of course location.

Could have left this comment at "wealthy students". No need to single out a particular race.
The majority of wealthy students are Chinese. I used to be pretty active in the international student community, and I can tell you there was a clear distinction between the Chinese and everyone else. Of the two largest groups, Chinese and Indian, the former often had significant, even lavish parental support. The latter were always busting their ass working odd jobs to pay for rent, food and transit. I don't think this one calls for any particular offence seeking or taking.

The majority of wealthy students are Chinese. I used to be pretty active in the international student community, and I can tell you there was a clear distinction between the Chinese and everyone else. Of the two largest groups, Chinese and Indian, the former often had significant, even lavish parental support. The latter were always busting their ass working odd jobs to pay for rent, food and transit. I don't think this one calls for any particular offence seeking or taking.
Yup. Very similar thing in Waterloo. There's nothing wrong about singling certain groups out if what you're saying is true. Especially since pointing out Chinese students are typically the wealthiest is in no way slandering or disrespecting Chinese people.

Regardless unit sizes and prices in Toronto are out of control.

Could have left this comment at "wealthy students". No need to single out a particular race.

I'm Chinese myself, so it didn't cross my mind that it could be interpreted that way. It is however, a statement on authoritarianism: pro-democracy Hongkongers have always found it funny that the staunchest pro-China "patriots" always send their children overseas if they could. Even Xi Jinping's daughter went to Harvard.

And yes @Bjays92, many businesses in North York Centre and Waterloo cater to Chinese students.

I'm Chinese myself, so it didn't cross my mind that it could be interpreted that way. It is however, a statement on authoritarianism: pro-democracy Hongkongers have always found it funny that the staunchest pro-China "patriots" always send their children overseas if they could. Even Xi Jinping's daughter went to Harvard.

And yes @Bjays92, many businesses in North York Centre and Waterloo cater to Chinese students.
As a Hong Konger myself (though I was born here in Canada) I do also find it quite funny.

Well looks like the building might be finished pretty soon
SE Tower working on 50 of 65+++
NW Tower working on 40 of 70+++
~4 levels ”completed“ after 5 weeks from Dec 12
Looks like they might even be done next year, and people will move in before 2023 then I'm guessing? Are there enough supermarkets nearby for that many units currently? All I see is a loblaws within a 5 min walk. I guess St Lawrence market isn't kinda within walking distance once they cross the Gardiner?

And correct me if I'm wrong. Don't developers usually open up the lower floors for people to move in once the upper floors are nearly done? In this case does the podium open up first?

Looks like they might even be done next year, and people will move in before 2023 then I'm guessing? Are there enough supermarkets nearby for that many units currently? All I see is a loblaws within a 5 min walk. I guess St Lawrence market isn't kinda within walking distance once they cross the Gardiner?

And correct me if I'm wrong. Don't developers usually open up the lower floors for people to move in once the upper floors are nearly done? In this case does the podium open up first?
Yeah, I know someone who got a unit near the top of the North-East tower and their occupancy date is September!

The Loblaws there is pretty large, and SLM is definitely within walking distance (< 10 minutes) though walking through the tracks, highway and Lake Shore is not exactly pleasant. There's also a Farm Boy opening up right there.

Well, i think Farmboy is going into 100 QQ East
farm boy 2.jpeg

Back