My understanding is that the "four buildings" arrangement of Phase 2 is old. If you walk by the site, the "Notice" signs also have a picture of the four building arrangement. However, that was all just preliminary, and Menkes has subsequently released the plan for the community along with renderings, which show three buildings.

Practically speaking, I don't really think four would fit on the lot. Better just to combine that density into the other towers and have three buildings - two in back one in front, which allows essentially all buildings to have a lakeview and sell are a higher premium.

Very excited/nervous to see what these buildings ultimately look like though. These will be hugely skyline-defining buildings, given that there's essentially nothing in front of them (other than the park and Pier 27/Redpath) so there'll be a clear view of the entire structures from the lake.

Site Plan Control application submitted for phase 2.

Tower B: 90 storeys, 299 metres
Tower C: 87 storeys, 290 metres
Tower D: 79 storeys, 260 metres

2,705 condos, 196 affordable rentals

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.35.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.35.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.35.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.36.14 AM.png

Just so we're clear, the last image above doesn't contain tower D, which has circular floorplates

I like that there is at least a slight staggering in three sections of the two biggest towers but it’s very subtle. I almost didn’t see it. Hieght wise I expected them to always stay under 300m. It’s Toronto after all. Always leaving us wanting more. I guess the CIBC buildings make up for it? From only one or two angles on the skyline anyways. Where most see them.

Looks like Tower D: 79 storeys, 260 metres is kind of roundish?

This is true - I guess lamenting the boxes was more of a knee jerk reaction. Any difference in material here would be welcome though.

They're giving a decent amount back with the affordable rentals, daycare, and a school, but I was really hoping there'd be something more exciting here!

They're giving a decent amount back with the affordable rentals, daycare, and a school, but I was really hoping there'd be something more exciting here!

That's not bad, don't forget the proposed park with a new retail complex on the north side,
.. now it's up to the city to plan the park and get the proper transit to make it more exciting down there, no?

Skyscraper enthusiasts are going to be triggered at that 299 number ?
this one is not bothering me as much as it bothered me for YSL.
it's the design thats bothering me more, atleast build one damn tower without balconies and more curtain wall. :(

Back