These Projects are making me appreciate City Place a little better
What a Monstrosity
Can you please explain your opinion? I can't imagine why an architectsAlliance design would make anyone appreciate CityPlace more, so it'd be nice for you to elaborate.

Another box looking structure that looks complicated with the floors . One thing I do like it doesn't have that metallic look to it by having I think a tan or cream facade instead. Blending in with the old facade which is the podium.

Last edited:
Another box looking structure that looks complicated with the floors . One thing I do like it doesn't have that metallic look to it by having I think a tan or cream facade instead. Blending in with the old facade which is the podium.

It's one giant yawn. Menkes has to be one of the most unimaginative, boring builders out there.

Look at their projects: http://www.menkes.com/condominium-living

Snoozefest.

Holy moly those are uninspired. They actually look like fake massing towers, but they aren't. The real kicker is the various different floor heights scattered throughout that make the whole thing look just that more messier. And I'm a big fan of aA, but these need to be seriously rethought.

The first two res towers under construction right now have elegance going for them. These don't to my eye.

299 meters, are you kidding me? That's really the final architectural height? No crown, no spire, not even a measly little stick? As a height enthusiast, this feels like a giant middle finger.

The towers are tame but tolerable for me. Biggest sin is still the ground level podium expanse though, which has the aesthetics of a Milton office park on steroids.

On the bright side, it'll fit in quite nicely with all the office park architecture in the area. :mad:

Back