I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy and it's a shame the era of our beautiful bank towers dominating the lake view is forever gone..
Some of the new towers being built are of a quality and defining nature for our waterfront skyline shots. But I also agree, some are also not. >.<

I assume that this Toronto Hydro notice is about this...

1656940170990.png

First three posts below moved from the Sugar Wharf Phase 1 thread.

Last edited:
This is mburrrr's pic from the Pinnacle One thread, but something caught my eye. Not sure if we should make anything of this:

View attachment 415970
They were doing core drilling there last week but the demolition of (most of) the LCBO offices/warehouse is underway - I have seen pics of it from the south posted somewhere around here. Of course, Sugar Wharf phase1 has 2 towers and it is Tower 1 that is reaching/has reached its height. This is NOT Sugar Wharf phase 1 Tower2 - that is further to the east and is already 'getting up there'.

Last edited:
This is mburrrr's pic from the Pinnacle One thread, but something caught my eye. Not sure if we should make anything of this:
Drove by last night and the building's entire circumference is fenced off, with some heavy machinery around too. I'd say work is certainly started on turning that building into Sugar Wharf Phase 2.

So all of you above sent me looking to see about permits......:

1660856065621.png

No other permits in process as it relates to this site. Curiously, permits for Phase 1 appear to use this address as well. At least I'm assuming the new bank branch is going over there or in 100 Queens Quay.

Interesting that the permit suggests the entire building would be demolished, retaining only the north facade. Renderings suggest that only the south facade would be demolished.

28462-138293.jpeg

UT

Back