taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
They're starting to market 2 office buildings in East Bayfront. Both 9 floors ~ 200,000 square feet.

I wish em luck but don't have high hopes at all.
It'll be a big challenge to attract tenants to an area that effectively doesn't exist today; Moreover is completely outside the traditional leasing districts.

Having said that office development is key for East Bayfront / the waterfront in general.

I doubt the design is final so I wouldn't read too much into it.

1.jpg

Last edited:
They're starting to market 2 office buildings in East Bayfront. Both 9 floors ~ 200,000 square feet.

It'll be a big challenge to attract tenants to an area that effectively doesn't exist today; Moreover is completely outside the traditional leasing districts.

Having said that office development is key for East Bayfront / the waterfront in general.

I don't think they will have a big problem attracting tenants. Corus and GBC are right beside the Hines site, plus the tremendous success of Sherbourne Common and Sugar Beach are tangible examples of the investments made into East Bayfront. This whole area will be very successful I believe and there are companies that would jump on the opportunity to lead the charge into the East Bayfront district. This area is on the radar, just look at Coca-Cola moving into 333 King E just a few blocks north. Success of East Bayfront depends on many factors and additional investments; prime example being the implementation of transit on QQE.

I don't think they will have a big problem attracting tenants. Corus and GBC are right beside the Hines site, plus the tremendous success of Sherbourne Common and Sugar Beach are tangible examples of the investments made into East Bayfront. This whole area will be very successful I believe and there are companies that would jump on the opportunity to lead the charge into the East Bayfront district. This area is on the radar, just look at Coca-Cola moving into 333 King E just a few blocks north. Success of East Bayfront depends on many factors and additional investments; prime example being the implementation of transit on QQE.

Yes, decent transit on QQ East is really a must if this area is going to develop - the TTC's current idea of extending the 6 Bay bus to Lower Sherbourne is hardly going to do it.

1.jpg

Do you know which block(s) these two office buildings are to be located? Presumably along some of the more easterly blocks?

Are these renders official? Kind of boring... I thought the waterfront was going to champion innovative design?

Taal: thanks for posting that.

Yep np, that site is a good location for such updates, which generally aren't widely marketed outside of 'commercial leasing agents'.

More interestingly you do see projects listed and then taken down, you may recall Monde at the start had a large office component, 300,000, that was marketed on the site as well but taken down. After all this they made the announcement they're converting the office space to residential.

I think even though there is a lot of hype for that area... they will will have to get in the back of the line, and for the time being attract dribs and drabs of smaller tenants until the action cools down at Southcore. Long term, say 10-15 years they might be OK

Not everyone can afford SouthCore. These will lease nicely and cost about half. If you are a smaller firm with a tight budget, need access to downtown clients, and want modern facilities - why not?

thing is that without the queens quay streetcar this facility will have no easy access to the core..

and something badly needs to begin construction down there. whether it be monde, or the second phase of George Brown, or even better, the queens quay streetcar / street reno

Last edited:

Back