Despite the slight ding in the precast there, this project is starting to look promising overall. Is it safe to keep a hope up at this point?

I always wonder ...

How much gasoline do you need to sell in order to justify retaining a lot in downtown Toronto for something like a Petro-Can, as opposed to selling it to a developer? I know we've seen gas stations slowly disappear over the years. And what does a future downtown Toronto gas station ultimately look like once the city is fully developed with limited space.
How Paris does it:

paris-france-september-12-2015-600w-422625313.jpg
paris gas pump.jpg

My condolences for your impending loss of your park view. From the placement of the crane from my viewpoint, I'll be losing my prized unobstructed CN Tower view. I may just have to move.

How many floors before the setback begins? And is there still another setback? I seem to recall the rendering on the hoardings only having one setback.

Last edited:
My condolences for your impending loss of your park view. From the placement of the crane from my viewpoint, I'll be losing my prized unobstructed CN Tower view. I may just have to move.

How many floors before the setback begins? And is there still another setback? I seem to recall the rendering on the hoardings only having one setback.
From the renderings, the first setback is on the 13th floor (5 more floors) and the second setback is on the 22nd.

Does anyone know where I can find the architectural plans for this building? There is only a revision posted on the City of Toronto's portal which only shows the parking.

I've seen this happen with other projects in the past which is rather frustrating. Are previous copies archived somewhere for access that I'm unaware of?

Vested interest of course - I want to get a better sense of the materials I'll be staring at:
20200916_130847.jpg

This part of my view will change considerably in the next few years...out of frame, but visible to me to the left there will be The Well, King Toronto, and 543 Adelaide at least (plus any buildings at Etobicoke City Center). In frame you have Waterworks, (Rush Condos maybe to peek up over it from this angle?), Ace Hotel finishing up, Litho back behind that, The Taylor front and center, The Woodsworth just behind it, and a cluster of cranes for Mirvish Village in the top right. Unpictured to the right I imagine I'll have glimpses of Peter and Adelaide, Central Condos or Theatre District, Maverick, and 19 Duncan. Will also get a full view of Nobu's south side on the way up...and that's just the under construction projects!

Not a bad spot for a development geek 🤓🧐

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find the architectural plans for this building? There is only a revision posted on the City of Toronto's portal which only shows the parking.

I've seen this happen with other projects in the past which is rather frustrating. Are previous copies archived somewhere for access that I'm unaware of?

Vested interest of course - I want to get a better sense of the materials I'll be staring at:
View attachment 269816

This part of my view will change considerably in the next few years...out of frame, but visible to me to the left there will be The Well, King Toronto, and 543 Adelaide at least (plus any buildings at Etobicoke City Center). In frame you have Waterworks, (Rush Condos maybe to peek up over it from this angle?), Ace Hotel finishing up, Litho back behind that, The Taylor front and center, The Woodsworth just behind it, and a cluster of cranes for Mirvish Village in the top right. Unpictured to the right I imagine I'll have glimpses of Peter and Adelaide, Central Condos or Theatre District, Maverick, and 19 Duncan. Will also get a full view of Nobu's south side on the way up...and that's just the under construction projects!

Not a bad spot for a development geek 🤓🧐
That's a totally Fly location to watch development from.

The preliminary SPA-submission architectural docs from 2017 describe the two-storey frames around the windows as being clad in "tri-colour dark brick".

The preliminary SPA-submission architectural docs from 2017 describe the two-storey frames around the windows as being clad in "tri-colour dark brick".

Taylor-made closeup: just for fun I zoomed into the render in the UT database. Gonna look great... not just another brick in the wall (and patriotic too).

Taylor-brick.jpg

Back