Was by the site and been a few months since my last visit. Not that much has change, considering I was expecting to see more, but way less was seen. Didn't take photos of all things.

At this rate, it will be fall/winter before at grade and been top off about April 2021. Owners should be able to move in by year end.

I was looking at a unit in a building across the street and got this view.
AFB3F6A2-891E-4F12-9866-9768F7C1B138.jpeg
C003008A-C1B2-49EC-87BD-DB4617E6DF00.jpeg

A second building?

2 TEAGARDEN CRT
Ward 18 - North York District

Zoning and Official Plan Amendment application to permit the proposal for a 14 storey residential building with 136 residental units. The proposal would be 4.6 times the area of the lot.

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
20 192585 NNY 18 OZ​
Sep 11, 2020​
Application Received​

I been under the impression only one tower was to be built with a park from all my visits and seeing the plans.

The area could support a 2nd tower with a smaller park. This 2nd tower will piss off the owners of the other 2 condos.

I some what surprise where this tower is as it been a slow moving project from day one. Looks like 2 more floors before it is at grade and haven't miss much since my last visit a few month ago.

Looks like 2022 before move in can take place.

A second building?

2 TEAGARDEN CRT
Ward 18 - North York District

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
20 192585 NNY 18 OZ​
Sep 11, 2020​
Application Received​
May be I’m not reading this right, but isn’t the current building that is under construction 2 Teagarden Crt?

The docs are up now, and they are for the building currently under construction. They are posted in the OPA & ZBA section of the page, and I have not had time to read why. Maybe they are simply SPA docs that have been mislabelled. If someone else has more time to delve more deeply…

From the quick glance of the Planning Justification Report submitted by Weston Consulting, representing Phantom, it’s a rezoning application submitted in Sept, see clips from the report below. At this rate, this building might not be completed in another 2-3 years!

- Weston Consulting has been retained by Phantom Developments Limited (the “Applicant”) to provide planning advice and assistance with respect to the redevelopment of the lands located at 2-6 Teagarden Court in the City of Toronto (the “Subject Lands”). If approved, the present application would permit an increase in the height and density from that already established in the Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments approved by the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (“LPAT”) in early 2018.
At present, new applications for OPA and ZBA are being filed to facilitate a revision to the Previous Approval which would increase the maximum building height to 14 storeys, excluding mechanical penthouse and rooftop indoor amenity area, and increase density to 4.6 times the area of the Subject Lands. These new applications for OPA and ZBA and the supporting material are submitted in accordance with the Pre-Application Checklist provided by the City on April 29, 2020 and constitute the Applicant’s complete application as described in Sections 22 (3) and 34 (10.1) of the Planning Act.

What about those buyers who thought they purchased a penthouse unit?
They may move you higher in the building, (they may not), but I think it's more likely that they'd add regular units that they could sell more quickly below you. What is extremely odd is for there to be a reopened OPA and ZBA application during the construction of the building. That could add significant delay. This could point to an issue with the cost of building the project, as this was sold so long ago now, and construction costs have increased so much in the last few years. They may only see the building as being profitable for them if they can add the two more floors.

Back