There is an INS store opening in the vacant space in the condo across from Maple Leaf Gardens - less than a five-minute walk away from this location! I have never heard of INS before and now they are seemingly popping up like mushrooms everywhere! No complaints from me, however. Competition in the food space is good and its better than another bank!

On the bright side, they have a half-life of about 5 years.

AoD

Daily dose of nostalgia for @Towered

501yon.JPG

There was also a Brazilian joint at the back (on Maitland) during the last few years of the building’s existence. Anyone knows if any of the current retail space is suitable for a cafe/ restaurant?

There was also a Brazilian joint at the back (on Maitland) during the last few years of the building’s existence. Anyone knows if any of the current retail space is suitable for a cafe/ restaurant?
Yep! There's a Mediterranean restaurant going into the space on Alexander. Not sure about the Maitland side, but given they used different pavers to create the look of a patio (as they also did on Alexander), I'd expect something to be possible there as well.

Back