Today.
2F0CD2EE-5472-4AF5-AF04-AD3E32DDDBAD.jpeg
C300940C-CDAB-4D69-86D6-C149AB8DA61E.jpeg

I used to be against CCTV but I'd rather have that than this. CCTV can photograph perpetrators and track them to their place of residence so they can be arrested. Chain them to a block of concrete for 2 weeks in front of what ever they destroyed. Street justice. Totally fed up.
CCTV is a great way to crack down on crime. It's not a violation of your privacy for there to be cameras in public (hell our phones track our every movement anyway)

Hong Kong has CCTV on every corner and crime was almost none existent because pretty much everyone who did commit crimes was caught. I was a huge fan of CCTV and it definitely helps with feeling safe overall as well.

I highly doubt CCTV is that effective against street vandalism of this sort (recording is one thing; actually tracking perpetrators is costly and time-consuming) - and honestly ground floor treatment need to be resistant to spray-painting and other forms of casual vandalism in general.

AoD

I highly doubt CCTV is that effective against street vandalism of this sort (recording is one thing; actually tracking perpetrators is costly and time-consuming) - and honestly ground floor treatment need to be resistant to spray-painting and other forms of casual vandalism in general.

AoD
It’s also obvious that this isn’t the work of some skilled tagger, but is more likely from some look-I-found-a-spray-can-around-the-corner-dare-me-to-use-it bar-drunk or idiot teenager. $5 says it’s be a first-time offender who’d get a slap on the wrist for being such.

To spraypaint vandals, it would be much more productive if they learned how to use image manipulation software like Photoshop or GIMP and use a drawing tablet such as Wacom or Huion.

@kotsy is a master of this.

No property is physically harmed in Photoshopping.

Whenever I feel like tagging property, I would use Photoshop. It's much cheaper (a good computer, Photoshop, and a drawing tablet are much cheaper than paying a fine for property damage if caught) and much better use of time in the long run (no risk of imprisonment or community service if Photoshopping).

Back