Looks as messy as designed, toothpaste balcony in one building, strange prefab bricks in the other with absolutely no connection whatsoever in the architecture between the 2 buildings
Oh Lanterra you're a mess

Today.
56E4CB7E-F7A4-4DF3-8F47-61B259DA4690.jpeg
4BEA60EC-CF66-46A5-A14F-415A6A7769B4.jpeg
03478DDF-DB37-48B8-87A0-B7D2466C0911.jpeg
683A1B4A-08B6-4783-A435-395E56D881B6.jpeg
0AC54B39-46ED-4A8E-80CF-B5F9EDD4D23F.jpeg

I'm hoping we have enough banks and Shopper's Drug Marts in the area we can actually get some good retail here.

Probably being too optimistic there, but meh.

There's been a decent restaurant, desserts, bubble tea shop scene springing up along Yonge between College & Bloor in the past few years. Sort of mirroring what's happening in the Spadina & College area. So I imagine we could see something along those lines here someday. We're gonna need the post-secondary students back in full numbers and going out and about everyday though. So let's stay tuned until after the pandemic ends.

I think I know why I am okay with this project...it's subtle embrace of warmer colours seems to make it feel more organic. That, and the shape of the stumpier tower helps too. Thumbs marginally up for this one.

Something is very jarring with the smaller tower. It's too short and squat or without enough elements to accentuate the curve. Maybe if the balcony detailing had less pronounced horizontal banding or if the balconies were all a consistent depth rather then the common setbacks every three floors on the upper section. I can't quite figure out what would make it better, but I really hate it. haha.

Something is very jarring with the smaller tower. It's too short and squat or without enough elements to accentuate the curve. Maybe if the balcony detailing had less pronounced horizontal banding or if the balconies were all a consistent depth rather then the common setbacks every three floors on the upper section. I can't quite figure out what would make it better, but I really hate it. haha.

The varying depths of the balconies isn't strong enough to compensate from the profile of the building proper when viewed directly from the North and South. The curve only works from an angle when the balcony glass looks almost opaque and blocks out the window wall (thus the staggered form) behind it. To illustrate (borrowing @Benito's photos):

1600301054610.jpeg

1600301091710.jpeg

AoD

Last edited:
It's one of those where we have to let the balconies fool the eyes for this to work, unfortunately.

...I don't think the devs where at a stage where they could get that whole building to flow with that shape, not without likely making it all too cost prohibitive.Too bad though.

The varying depths of the balconies isn't strong enough to compensate from the profile of the building proper when viewed directly from the North and South. The curve only works from an angle when the balcony glass looks almost opaque and blocks out the window wall (thus the staggered form) behind it. To illustrate (borrowing @Benito's photos):

View attachment 269878

View attachment 269879

AoD
What a great observation and really well articulated. Thanks for sharing.

Back