It's such a great location for something really breathtaking as this building would be the main focus of anyone coming into the city on the Gardiner. I'd love to see something with a bit of shape to it rather than some triangular shaped condo tower. Imagine a building that mimics the shape of a tree or a flower that seems to grow out of that plot.

Parking garage would be a bad option, as getting in and out would suck. It's in an awkward location for a parking garage.

As Jayomatic said, an iconic building here would be really great.

Speaking of "iconic", I've got this dyslexic way of reading the thread title in terms of a 120 storey building...

Commissioner Gordon cued the spotlights to flash a giant "C" into the nighttime sky, and our masked hero was spotted speeding to the scene in the Clewesmobile.

How about some building that overhangs over the Gardiner a little?? THat would look way cool.

From the diagram, the space seems to be smaller than 18 yonge. Also with 30 story office component and 50 story residence. Won't that make it 80 floors?
Unless they mean 4 story parking + 26 story office building + 20 story residence.

From the diagram, the space seems to be smaller than 18 yonge. Also with 30 story office component and 50 story residence. Won't that make it 80 floors?
Unless they mean 4 story parking + 26 story office building + 20 story residence.

If I read the diagrams right, they mean a 50 story residence OR a 30 story office tower OR a 4 story parking garage. Not all combined.

:cool:
If I read the diagrams right, they mean a 50 story residence OR a 30 story office tower OR a 4 story parking garage. Not all combined.

most definitely... the intent of this "Highest and Best Use" report is purely for land valuation purposes only in order to determine the development potential of the lands such that the owner (I guess its the City in this case) may justify selling at a certain price .... and those 3 are likely development options / scenarios

but definitely some iconic building would be awesome .... the taller the better :D

BTW ............. Happy New Year UT ~ all the best in 2009 !!

Back