image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,592
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 1,594
This may be window wall, but no other window wall in the city looks quite as refined as this, and I think that the geometry of the projecting fins and the slender central operable windows is going to play very well when writ quite large.

As far at windowwall goes that's not terrible. The lines are somewhat clean, I like how the vent was incorporated symmetrically, and the heavy fin breaks up the expanse of wall.

Thank you for sharing....the spandrel here, albeit a small sample size is giving me a 300 Front St W vibe and I believe that will bode ill for the final product.

Still don't know why architects and developers insist on using white mullions and spandrel when examples like 300 Front show that it doesn't work.

Seriously, black spandrel or at least black mullions like in the original renderings would have accentuated the vertical strips far better.

I'm hoping that there's some sort of master plan set for South Core with unique architectural styles, variations in materials used, and a wonderful public realm...considering that potential high-rise towers here are going to block our north facing view of the stellar buildings in the Financial District.

Oh, wait, too late.

These shots are beyond depressing. Where's that painted apartment building with red accents again? I will focus on that.

Still don't know why architects and developers insist on using white mullions and spandrel when examples like 300 Front show that it doesn't work.

Seriously, black spandrel or at least black mullions like in the original renderings would have accentuated the vertical strips far better.

I can see white working in some instances. You're right though, black would be better for most buildings yet you pretty much only see grey. I wonder if there's some reason for that?

Moving off of spandrel-and-fin commentary for just a moment, looking at the close-ups of the western portion of the podium, I cannot wait to see (what I presume are going to be) some of the amenity spaces there - from that double-height second storey to the podium-topping pool, aspects are going to be pretty remarkable from an interior perspective.

I totally agree with you that there are wayyyyy too many mullions. Unfortunately, there isn't a support group for people who would like some nicer architecture in Toronto rather than just towers built for investors who could care less. But thanks for the idea as I may create my own support group for people who don't settle for this ubiquitous crap.

p.s. this isn't a forum for world problems. It's a forum for projects and construction. When put into perspective everything is better than war and genocide. But that's crazy to use that as an excuse for poor architecture, design and materials. Yes, these clusters of crappy buildings are better than some police shooting. You have me there.

Last edited:

Back