upload_2017-11-1_15-48-46.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,163
  • upload_2017-11-1_15-50-40.png
    upload_2017-11-1_15-50-40.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,916
  • upload_2017-11-1_15-51-49.png
    upload_2017-11-1_15-51-49.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,930
according to the Q investment report posted elsewhere in the forum, this sold for 13.2 million to Plaza. Apparently they also own 388 Dupont.

Will the OMB settlement that covered the other four recent Dupont sites as a single entity apply here as well?

dupont.JPG

374 DUPONT ST
Ward 11: University-Rosedale

Development Applications

Project description:
Proposal for an 11-storey mixed-use building containing 230 residential dwelling units. The proposed non-residential gross floor area is 756 square metres, and the proposed residential gross floor area is 17,699.0 square metres.

I'm going to have to differ w/the consensus here.

I'd prefer to see the clear podium level at 2 storeys rather than 1.

I'm also not keen in the inset/setback space.

I recognize the sidewalk is too narrow here, I'd rather see a general 1.5M widening along the length of the building, rather than a centred-inset.

I'm going to have to differ w/the consensus here.

I'd prefer to see the clear podium level at 2 storeys rather than 1.

I'm also not keen in the inset/setback space.

I recognize the sidewalk is too narrow here, I'd rather see a general 1.5M widening along the length of the building, rather than a centred-inset.

Unless I'm misreading the renderings, we have both the inset and general widening happening here. The further-out portions of the podium are flush with the facades of the adjascent semi-detatched homes, more than doubling the current sidewalk width.

This stretch of Dupont is one of the first gaps in the streetwall & walkable fabric heading west from Dupont station. To me, this is a great project from a walkability perspective and in terms of tying together the retail strip.

I do see your point about the podium being short, but I also like variety and think that a single-storey podium represents that. I like that it makes the ground floor feel intimate.

TLDR: I get where you are coming from, but think your concerns in this specific case may be misplaced.

Unless I'm misreading the renderings, we have both the inset and general widening happening here. The further-out portions of the podium are flush with the facades of the adjascent semi-detatched homes, more than doubling the current sidewalk width.

This stretch of Dupont is one of the first gaps in the streetwall & walkable fabric heading west from Dupont station. To me, this is a great project from a walkability perspective and in terms of tying together the retail strip.

I do see your point about the podium being short, but I also like variety and think that a single-storey podium represents that. I like that it makes the ground floor feel intimate.

TLDR: I get where you are coming from, but think your concerns in this specific case may be misplaced.

On sidewalk width, I have had a look at the plans, which I am posting below.

I think you're right....ish.

The dark black line on the Dupont side indicates the extra width is entire POPs, not public sidewalk; also the pedestrian clear way distances aren't robust due the placement of the art, trees and seats.

Should the City seek to widen sidewalks on Dupont more generally, as I think they ought to, this isn't the correct precedent in my judgement.

So yes there is more space there than I thought; though I'm not completely satisfied w/the layout.

But also, I think the City needs to secure more of that as publicly-owned space.

Important to note that Main Square in at Main/Danforth in the east end expanded its retail onto previous POPs, and proposes to build a tower on what people imagined was a public square.

So I view the securement of ROW as something requiring legal force and effect.

1611070789479.png

Last edited:

Back