For the record, this city is lucky to have Brad Lamb developing in it. You can count on his buildings to be at least good, and usually they are better than that. I am glad that he's won certain battles with the City that others have not, an example being not having to keep to the King Street streetwall with Theatre Park: someday the right restauranteur will move in there, and the little plaza there will feel like it should. Brad's always pushing for more than he's allowed, every building starting out as a bigger ask than how they end up, and yes, like @ProjectEnd said, the proposals seem calculated lately to be beyond where the City will even want to start negotiating, and off it'll go to the OMB (sometimes just to get the negotiating kickstarted).

All that said, when he acts petulantly, like he has on a couple of occasions as of late—over this on twitter today, and over rent control recently—I question if he's losing perspective. Battling is Brad's modus operandi, but now that he's seeming to take his behavioural cues from outta control bad boy du jour DJ Trump, he needs to rethink his choice of role models to emulate.

He's building some nice buildings for the most part but he is a massive douche. Didn't he stop building for a bit in Toronto? He's got quite a bit of projects on the go now whereas maybe a couple years ago he didn't have too much going on in Toronto. He had projects in Ottawa and Alberta.

The project on Wellington looks stunning.

He's building some nice buildings for the most part but he is a massive douche. Didn't he stop building for a bit in Toronto? He's got quite a bit of projects on the go now whereas maybe a couple years ago he didn't have too much going on in Toronto. He had projects in Ottawa and Alberta.

The project on Wellington looks stunning.

monster douche

IMG_2188.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 893
Some of the 'slabs' of late have much better apartment layouts than newer condos. The exception begin ceiling heights and secondary bathrooms.

Oh and I like the open concept kitchen/dining/living space as opposed to older apartments with galley style kitchens.

Crammed up against the Murray garage. I wonder how many will be directly facing it and what it they add more floors onto it in the future? I guess facing a garage is more private than a direct view inside an office building or other condo units. It just doesn't look as nice.

no comment on him as a person. I quite like some of his projects especially the Harlow. it is a good building contextually with the neighborhood. My worry and completely NIMBY on my part is his plans for the stretch of King Street between Tecumseth and Niagara. He owns all the commercial buildings on the North side. Had heard rumors of a boutique hotel.

Where his office is? That stretch needs a bit of life, I would happy to see some development there.
yes, my house backs onto those buildings would not be too happy if he were to try and go as high as or higher than the condo to the west. RBC has still to lease there space on the sw corner of King and Tecumseth, the building on the se corner of niagara has finally leased all the retail units after being empty of close to two years. those commercial buildings have been full since Brad bought them. he has done a good job of animating the block with the current tenants. It is not a fight that I am looking forward to.

I'm guessing that would be everything from Lamb's office all the way west to the building where Studio Lagree is. Pretty substantial parcel to work with altogether. I'd prefer the property to be divided into two different development phases. Or least have the development demonstrate a variety of different podium level designs to enhance the pedestrian experience.

Back