I'm guessing that would be everything from Lamb's office all the way west to the building where Studio Lagree is. Pretty substantial parcel to work with altogether. I'd prefer the property to be divided into two different development phases. Or least have the development demonstrate a variety of different podium level designs to enhance the pedestrian experience.
That would could be interesting. What he has said before in previous meetings is that the back lane needs to be widened to accommodate servicing. I know there have been a couple of fishing expeditions with only the houses on the south side of whitaker receiving mail from brokers saying they had interested looking for homes in our "neighbourhood". Oddly the neighbours on the north side of the street did not receive the same letter. Not apposed to redevelopment, just development that adversely affects my enjoyment of my own property. ;)

marketing render from buzzbuzzhome:

12.jpg
http://d3exkutavo4sli.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/12.jpg

Public consult details. I don’t know if Lamb usually goes to these, but Brad vs. Joe could be a fun/infuriating cage match to behold.

193 McCaul Street

This application proposes to amend the Zoning By-law to allow the development of a 19-storey mixed-use building including 266 residential units and 597 square metres of commercial gross floor area. Three levels of below-grade parking are proposed including 81 vehicular parking spaces.

Meeting Details
Date: Monday March 19, 2018
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Place: The Michener Institute, 222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1V4
View the full meeting notice here

Tangential question - do we know if the LPAT will post documentation, or will it be legal and confidential like the drawing sets, renderings, etc. used at the OMB?

And why is the LPAT info. on the OMB website and the terms seem to be used interchangeably? I guess it's sort of a transition process? It's just weird to see it say "OMB Appeal" when on the same website it also refers to it as a LPAT appeal.

Yes, I guess the page is trying to make a distinction between appeals made under the OMB and the LPAT.

The OMB no longer exists, it was renamed the LPAT. So even appeals being handled under the old system are still at the LPAT, just not under the new appeal system.

Really, what is happening is the OMB is getting rebranded and the range and types of appeals have been heavily restricted. The OMB still exists under the LPAT name and will continue to hear cases for years to come, just under a new name and in a more limited capacity.

The URL is just a relic that they have failed to update - the Ontario Municipal Board name has been phased out.

Good investment location wise with U of T, OCAD, two subway stations, Baldwin Village, AGO etc all close by. You'll never run of people to rent it out to. Nearly committed to a unit after speaking to one of their sales reps after registering online. But ultimately went in another direction and got a property elsewhere in the city for myself to live in. All is good though.

Good investment location wise with U of T, OCAD, two subway stations, Baldwin Village, AGO etc all close by. You'll never run of people to rent it out to. Nearly committed to a unit after speaking to one of their sales reps after registering online. But ultimately went in another direction and got a property elsewhere in the city for myself to live in. All is good though.

Consider yourself lucky

Especially since lamb has cancelled the last few of his projects - I bet this one will be no different. This is still years from being approved.

Back