I would argue that the Parker is a bit better, but yes, this is something approaching half-way competent, which is far better than G+C typically offers.
Careful, careful now. Would not want to get the G&C architect responsible for this project into trouble - showing up, embarrassing their stablemates. Like the proverbial shop worker who outperforms their team mates earning their undying resentment and retaliation....

Jul 31, 2022

34NUVOP.jpg

I've been wondering about that for a while - anyone have insight into why scaffolding was re-assembled (other than to improve the appearance)?

There is a new retail tenant going into the middle building. Here’s hoping that it is a restaurant or brewpub. The lower stretch of Dufferin is really beginning to liven up!

Upon closer investigation the middle retail space is to be a fitness centre. In addition, the entire south buildings retail level is under renovation but no indication what is to go in there. I heard that there was a coffee shop somewhere in here but saw no sign of it. However there is a coffee counter with barista at Bather (just one block north on the west side but it closes at 2. Finally a shoutout to Fix Coffee and Bikes at Gladstone and Alma! Like I said yesterday, this area is booming.
1B4366FD-7E2A-448A-8A61-A0479A1D4B60.jpeg

There is a branch of Mercatto going in the southern most retail space. A café on the north side and an Italian market on the south side with a patio. Supposed to open 1 August. I wonder what is going on with the Richview site behind this? Largest undeveloped site left in these here parts! Lol
IMG_3214.jpeg
IMG_3216.jpeg
IMG_3217.jpeg

Commentary on the new g Mercato:

gMercato is a new Italian bread and pastry shop coming to the Dufferin and Queen area, located at the base of The Brixton condos at 400 Dufferin St. The new shop will include two spaces: a dedicated café serving Lavazza coffee (from Torino, Italy), tea, locally sourced baked goods, in-house baked goods, and artisanal gelato; and a boutique, Italian-focused food market. The food market will carry produce, imported Italian goods, and curated local Italian products, such as fresh pasta from Famiglia Baldassarre and items from Spaccio and Terroni. The team behind gMercato tells TasteToronto that the chef behind the space, Lorenzo, was born and raised in Italy, where he studied Food Science and Nutrition, and has since garnered over 19 years of experience in the industry in Italy and Canada. Chef-to-table prepared foods will include a hot table, pizza, panini, and pre-packaged meals. gMercato is slated to soft launch sometime in July and host a grand opening in August.

Back