299 CAMPBELL AVE
Site Plan Approval 12 236808 STE 18 SA Ward 18
- Tor & E.York Aug 28, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Site Plan Approval application for construction of new mixed use building - 18 storeys, Ground and Second floor retail commercial / remainder residential - 274 residential units - (includes 4 live / work units)- 206 parking spaces - 4 levels below grade parking - 222 bicycle parking spaces. - PLEASE SEE 12 236801 STE 18 OZ for OPA and ReZoning Application

I had some involvement in this one so i'm glad to see people like it.

I heard a library is going to go in on the main floor of this as part of the section 37, replacing the over-burdened mini library down the street. The rendering I saw also had a slightly changed design of the building.

Last edited:
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...y-expansion-approved-at-toronto-city-council/

Perth/Dupont library expansion approved at Toronto City Council

Dec 17, 2013

Toronto City Council approved a plan to build a new, 10,000 square foot library as part of a condominium project at Dupont Street and Campbell Avenue at its meeting Tuesday, Dec. 16.

“This was the last major hurdle in the approvals process,” said Junction Triangle Library Expansion Committee co-founder Kevin Putnam in a statement. “It’s an awesome development made possible by (Davenport) Councillor Ana Bailao. She has delivered something really great for our neighbourhood.”

Throughout the following six months, the condo developer, Tas, will complete the building’s final design and construction will begin when the project has been approximately 70 per cent sold.

“The library should open in about three years if all goes well,” Putnam said.

Via Urbanation

10362103_733159960059923_1652938347_n.jpg

From http://instagram.com/ward18anabailao , via Urbanation

2012-05-16-001_299Campbell_Streetscape.preview.jpg

10362103_733159960059923_1652938347_n.jpg

It's funny how perspective is used in architectural renderings. In the first one, it seemed like they were using perspective distortion to downplay how tall this building will be. In the more recent one, they distort perspective in the other direction to make it seem really big and top-heavy.

It's a little blockier now but it still has some nice elements to it... I prefer the massing in the earlier render but this could still turn out nicely, depending on materials/finish.

I know this corner well. Just south of it is a graphics/signage business which caters to the film and television business but which also has some heavyweight corporate clients. They have pumped out absurd amounts of signage for every locally-shot TV series and feature movie you care to think of over the past two decades or so. Still, they saw the writing on the wall and had already purchased property some years ago, a little further north.

Yeah, that little stretch of Dupont could sorely use some love. Between this and the new developments on Wallace, stuff's really starting to happen here.

Back