Would love to see a dev project go in at Coxwell and Danforth which similarly accommodated and allowed expansion of the rather cramped Coxwell library branch. Good luck getting 18s in these parts though :)

Some drilling going on, his morning:
DSCN0531.jpg
DSCN0533.jpg
DSCN0536.jpg

EDIT: This building was approved last December.

Attachments

• DSCN0531.jpg
    DSCN0531.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 973
  • DSCN0533.jpg
    DSCN0533.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 1,009
  • DSCN0536.jpg
    DSCN0536.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 978
Last edited:
At a town hall meeting this week, councilor Ana Bailao mentioned this building is now going to be rentals. TAS changed their plans.

Not sure, I was wondering the same. Only heard due to market conditions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It seems that lenders are happy to put up the money for a new rental building despite the new restrictions.

So, with the demolition underway, will we have shoring and excavation soon? It would be good to have this building under way and a new, larger library coming to the area.

I saw this reposted on the Junction Triangle Community Group's Facebook page:

September 25, 2017

Hi, we’re TAS, the real estate developer for the parcel of land at 299 Campbell Ave. On this site we’ll be creating a rental apartment building with roughly 250 suites. At street level there will be a branch of the Toronto Public Library.

In the interest of being good neighbours, we wanted to keep the community updated on the construction plans for the project. The City of Toronto will begin work on a laneway relocation (currently on the north side of the property, moving to the south side) in early October. This will take about one month, during which there will likely be periodic street closures.

Once the laneway has been relocated, we will continue our work on the site—setting up services (i.e. water, gas) and preparing for the start of construction in early 2018. As the construction schedule becomes more clear we will provide further updates. In the meantime, if you have any questions and/or notice suspicious happenings across the street, please let us know.

299 campbell.jpg

Attachments

• 299 campbell.jpg
    299 campbell.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 787

Back