Kind of feels like Crossways updated for the 21st century, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

D634B5D6-83A0-42CD-8D10-3E46878F5329.jpeg
1D4D7A4B-A7FD-4394-9E59-1FFD7CD24A4D.jpeg

Taken 5 February. So much happening on this stretch of Dupont!

It looks like no thought was put into what sections would be brick vs. aluminum panelling, very haphazard. It's the building equivalent of those "I asked AI to write a film script" memes but instead with cladding placement.

I asked about movement at the Perth Branch over the weekend and it seems there's been some delay in core and shell handover. All the librarian was able to supply was 'end of year'...
Do you know if the new branch will occupy the corner unit?

Brief mention in this article about the library branch expected to open here this fall:

The Campbell is a recently completed 14-storey, 238,690-square-foot purpose-built rental apartment with 236 units, a ground-floor Toronto Public Library branch and a small retail location.

Residential units are being leased and occupied, with 10 classified as affordable and offered to women and families fleeing domestic abuse.

The library is expected to open this fall.

They should have used the gold-coloured metal cladding (at sidewalk level) on the tower. It harmonizes with the brick far better than the grey metal cladding.

At least they got the details right at sidewalk level, though. I despise buildings where the sidewalk-level design feels like an afterthought.

Back