urbandreamer

recession proof
Member Bio
Reaction score
From Toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications

875 EGLINTON AVE W
OPA / Rezoning 11 154462 STE 21 OZ Ward 21
- Tor & E.York Mar 25, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to permit the re-development of the lands for the purposes of a new 11 storey mixed use building complete with 625 square meters of retail at grade and 133 residential units above. A below grade parking facilitiy containing 140 parking spaces is also proposed. The existing building on the lot would be demolished

Good news. I was actually hoping for a couple buildings like the new ones down at St. Clair and Bathurst to come here or the blockbuster site but either way I am happy...

Ideally the new LRT causes some redevelopment on Eglinton West.

A list of potential developable sites.

1. The Blockbuster/hakim Optical Site
2. Coffetime doughnuts at Bathurst Eglinton
3. The Rexall Parking lot if not the entire REXALL site
4. The Green Parking lot across from Starbucks
5. The Green Parkinglot inbetween the chinese restauarnt and PIzza Pizza
6. The East TTC parking lot at ALLEN and EGlinton

urbanation has more info on this project today:

Urbanation
Deaj Properties planning 11-storey, 133 unit condo on the SW corner of Eglinton & Bathurst with retail at grade, architecture by Quadrangle.

bbh told me there's a strong rumour that the NE corner will be a project soon soon as well, I'm not surprised.

It's another small plaza with a parking lot.

Bathurst-Eglinton.jpg

Google Streetview

And here's the King Felafel Plaza on Google Streetview:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.70076,-79.426507&spn=0.004786,0.013325&z=17&layer=c&cbll=43.700796,-79.426344&panoid=nB_-nxaGkNAg0ykguQFpww&cbp=13,130.47,,0,0.51

The northeast corner is a parking lot, right?
It's one of the poorest-quality donut shops in the city IMO. But the site is a bit cramped for any large development, especially as setbacks (to allow for windows in the adjacent building) would be needed on its north and east sides. A relatively small and hopefully well-designed project of four or five storeys might fit.

It's one of the poorest-quality donut shops in the city IMO. But the site is a bit cramped for any large development, especially as setbacks (to allow for windows in the adjacent building) would be needed on its north and east sides. A relatively small and hopefully well-designed project of four or five storeys might fit.

I'm even wondering whether it may be better suited for "institutional" use (library, whatever)

Good news. I was actually hoping for a couple buildings like the new ones down at St. Clair and Bathurst to come here or the blockbuster site but either way I am happy...

Ideally the new LRT causes some redevelopment on Eglinton West.

A list of potential developable sites.

1. The Blockbuster/hakim Optical Site
2. Coffetime doughnuts at Bathurst Eglinton
3. The Rexall Parking lot if not the entire REXALL site
4. The Green Parking lot across from Starbucks
5. The Green Parkinglot inbetween the chinese restauarnt and PIzza Pizza
6. The East TTC parking lot at ALLEN and EGlinton

The Green P lot accross from Starbucks will probably soon be a development proposal for 9 storeys as there is a staff report saying that TPA has begun talks with the next door owner to develop a mixed use building with UG Green P parking.

The Green P lot accross from Starbucks will probably soon be a development proposal for 9 storeys as there is a staff report saying that TPA has begun talks with the next door owner to develop a mixed use building with UG Green P parking.

Can anyone with some forseight simply integrate the underground Bathurst LRT stop into re-development plans of the North-East, South-West or South-East corner of Bath/Eglinton? It can't be too hard can it?

it appear the china house redevelopment has a render and looks to be moving ahead faster then this development. Even the TTC lots have been reported in the POST to be redeveloped after the LRT line is finished being built. Does anyone have any info on this project??????

Back