Settlement offer: 14 storey tower & 8 storey podium. Only problem is that the tower is now a huge slab with a tiny podium next to it. In the original submission most of the Eglinton frontage was an 11 storey podium with a small 16 storey tower.
https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-117377.pdf
Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 12.09.13 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 12.09.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 12.09.13 PM.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,119
I guess rebuilding the Nortown Theatre is not on the table.

FEFABB63-B698-47C8-B01C-FDDCE1184684.jpeg

Attachments

• FEFABB63-B698-47C8-B01C-FDDCE1184684.jpeg
    FEFABB63-B698-47C8-B01C-FDDCE1184684.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 2,141
Good density, and height. Although I wish they would use better materials for this one. This is the entrance to upper and lower forest hill. It should be a higher end building, larger floor plans with higher quality finishings (similar market as 1 Forest Hill). The cladding already seems to be of lower quality seeking investors rather than end users which is a mistake.

Don't repeat the same mistake Lifetime made at St Clair and Parkwood with the Code Condos - one of the least contextually sensitivity buildings and biggest disappointments IMO.

Good density, and height. Although I wish they would use better materials for this one. This is the entrance to upper and lower forest hill. It should be a higher end building, larger floor plans with higher quality finishings (similar market as 1 Forest Hill). The cladding already seems to be of lower quality seeking investors rather than end users which is a mistake.

Don't repeat the same mistake Lifetime made at St Clair and Parkwood with the Code Condos - one of the least contextually sensitivity buildings and biggest disappointments IMO.
This is at a Crosstown station at the east end of an average shopping street, and west of fairly average buildings going up and over the hill. No upmarket building required here, in fact one wouldn't even fit here.

How would I be able to check if there are new renderings for this project?
Google. DuckDuckGo if you don't want your search stored. Bing maybe, if you're not a fan of Alphabet. I'd include the developer's name in the search, as it's the developers who order the renderings for marketing purposes.

Google. DuckDuckGo if you don't want your search stored. Bing maybe, if you're not a fan of Alphabet. I'd include the developer's name in the search, as it's the developers who order the renderings for marketing purposes.

...or Startpage (comprehensive like Google, yet offers privacy like DuckDuckGo)

That looks pretty good, and would be a real cornerstone building for that intersection and area as Eglinton W continues to mature. I like the nice clean lines, reminiscent of the Tower Hill apartments on St. Clair W along with Brant Park. And also the different tone texture that the black section creates.

Back