Is there a "Closed" status that we can find in the building permit docs? @Northern Light

I didn't know the answer to this question..................

So I looked...........

In the Status system, the last possible identifier is 'Inspection' which is applied when inspection is to be carried out; but there is no post-inspection update that I can see indicating if a building has passed/failed inspection for a given permit.

I went looking at older permits for buildings we know are completed without dispute; and the last status on every permit is 'Inspection'.

I wanted to ask someone in Buildings if there is any easy identifier for a member of the public, but if you phone their general number you get a voicemail that the entire department office is closed due to Covid and you have leave a voicemail and someone will get back to you........

For everyone's benefit, this is the glossary of terms Buildings uses:

1661971815462.png

Last edited:
I didn't know the answer to this question..................

So I looked...........

In the Status system, the last possible identifier is 'Inspection' which is applied when inspection is to be carried out; but there is no post-inspection update that I can see indicating if a building has passed/failed inspection for a given permit.

I went looking at older permits for buildings we know are completed without dispute; and the last status on every permit is 'Inspection'.

I wanted to ask someone in Buildings if there is any easy identifier for a member of the public, but if you phone their general number you get a voicemail that entire department office is closed due to Covid and you have leave a voicemail and someone will get back to you........

For everyone's benefit, this is the glossary of terms Buildings uses:

View attachment 424179
'Permit Issued' seems to be the final status, are you sure none of the buildings had that?

'Permit Issued' seems to be the final status, are you sure none of the buildings had that?

Permit Issued is not the final status.

That is when the permit is first issued, authorizing construction.

If you look at buildings that you know are finished, say CASA II (42 Charles East) you will see this for their New Building Permit:

1662042352406.png

Other finished buildings appear similarly.

Permit Issued is not the final status.

That is when the permit is first issued, authorizing construction.

If you look at buildings that you know are finished, say CASA II (42 Charles East) you will see this for their New Building Permit:

View attachment 424357

Other finished buildings appear similarly.
It really is strange then if the city doesnt have a status for when the occupancy permit has been issued free and clear.

So it looks like another retail unit on this stretch has been leased. Sushi Kiwami from Vancouver next to the medical centre. From BlogTO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back