Starting to see marketing begin among the precon social media circles. Should be launching along the horizon:

hill-01.jpg

hill-02.jpg

Sorry to bump, but I am very curious how this site receives a ZBLA, and then adds some GFA on to the total via site plan docs to increase the density. The tower gets taller, and the density increases. Would this not need another ZBLA? Or is the answer possibly a minor variance? I see marketing is starting and tenants are vacating, which leads me to believe Metropia are pretty confident in the increase in GFA being approved.

This one has just been the subject of discussion at Council.

The proponent has purchased 1404 Yonge to serve as an off-site parkland dedication.

A very odd choice to me........

1687461557824.png

The trattoria is 1406, so I would assume this one unit to the south. That would make a very narrow park abutting an existing 3s building, and presumably future development site.......

I hate this stupid and misguided policy. It's moronic, Toronto, tick box, bullshit through and through. We should have never gotten rid of Parkland CIL.

The City is still accepting cash-in-lieu.

However, they are under pressure to accept either on-site or off-site parkland dedications instead, since the Province moved to order cities to spend S.42 money quickly.

They aren't being allowed to hold on to the pot indefinitely anymore, as I recall (at least that was proposed in the various bills)

What I would like Parks to do is be clear on their preferred off-site parks acquisitions in a given area with developers, well in advance of applications, and for developers to make 'best efforts' to deliver those.

If that's not feasible, cash-in-lieu will still be accepted (Which it is now; those are the exact terms for 145 St George, go get something nearby we want, if you can't after a set period, we will take cash.)

In this area, $ should be flowing to finish acquisitions proposed for Ramsden Park and The Green Line

Other good choices the City hasn't identified (but should have)

1688069128360.png

Cottingham St. is closed to cars just east of the white lines to the curve going north. If the properties I have outlined were acquired, the entire road on the south side of the Park could be removed, gifting it lots of extra, usable space beyond the homes themselves.

That 5,500ft2 actually buys you 19,000ft2 of new park!

1688069213256.png

Both of the tennis clubs just to the south would make great acquisitions as well (York on the west side of Yonge and Toronto Lawn to the east. Clearly beyond what any one developer could/would pay for as S.42

But pooled across 3-5 area projects, and/or in concert w/the City's S.42 reserve fund........

Last edited:
And the marketing begins...

Metropia announces its newest community, The Hill Residences at Yonge & St. Clair, a contemporary 50-storey building located where Yorkville meets Forest Hill​

On the heels of the unprecedented sold-out success of Union City, Metropia is set to introduce their newest community to one of Toronto's most beloved and upscale neighbourhoods

TORONTO, Sept. 11, 2023 /CNW/ - With an extensive track record of success in Toronto and the GTA, Metropia is excited to announce the launch of its latest project, The Hill Residences at Yonge & St. Clair. Located where Yorkville meets Forest Hill, The Hill is situated in the heart of Yonge and St. Clair. Once completed, The Hill will join the city's most luxurious properties, bringing a seamless blend of modern luxury and rich heritage to an elevated urban living experience.

At the top of the hill of one of Toronto's most celebrated streets, The Hill will soon line Yonge Street with a striking 50-storey contemporary tower anchored by a turn-of-the-century two-storey heritage building. Future residents will live above it all, with breathtaking views of Toronto's urban fabric, showcasing the city's vibrant blend of nature and cosmopolitan charm, including the lush canopy of the Rosedale Valley Ravine and stunning views of Lake Ontario.

"We believe in delivering high-quality communities in areas where people truly want to live, where they can work and thrive in the heart of our amazing city. And without a doubt, Yonge and St. Clair – located in the middle of Toronto's most sought-after luxury neighbourhoods – embodies everything that we look for when we consider the next Metropia project", says Howard Sokolowski, President, Founder, and CEO of Metropia. "Matched with stunning interiors and a one-of-a-kind façade, The Hill is a testament to our commitment to building unmatched living experiences in this vibrant city."

Crafted by Arcadis, formerly IBI Group, The Hill's architecture and design creates a harmonious relationship between the heritage facade at grade and the new tower above. The stunning new structure features dramatic and contrasting black and white exteriors, creating an illusion of two separate buildings. But the building's signature design feature is the dramatic 15-foot cantilever, which will add a striking new element to Toronto's skyline.

"With almost 100 years of building in the neighbourhood, our team has seen this community flourish and grow while staying anchored in its rich history. With this in mind, we are confident that The Hill will undoubtedly bring new vitality to Yonge and St. Clair," says Mansoor Kazerouni, Global Director of Architecture at Arcadis. "The dramatic cantilevers and the seamless integration of the heritage facade will make The Hill a distinctive and iconic addition to Toronto's skyline, reflecting the character and spirit of the neighbourhood that we have all come to know and love."

Just steps away from the site, residents of The Hill will be able to visit iconic destinations, including Casa Loma, study at world-renowned institutions such as the University of Toronto and Upper Canada College, and shop at unique boutiques in well-established neighbourhoods like Yorkville, Summerhill, and Rosedale. The Hill also offers unparalleled connections to transit, with the Yonge and St. Clair subway station just steps away and only two subway stops from major city transit connections, Yonge and Eglinton and Yonge and Bloor.

The Hill gives new homebuyers a unique opportunity to purchase a home in a well-established neighbourhood in Toronto, starting from only $549,900 for a junior one-bedroom, $679,900 for a one-bedroom and $799,900 for a junior two-bedroom.

I was kinda excited about this one when the rezoning was filed. Protected west sun and low noise; then I saw the floor plans.

The only unit I'm even slightly interested in is smaller than I'd like and has another unit looking through that unit at an angle for their view, meaning partly closed vertical blinds are effectively mandatory at all times.

Back