From Oxford's website:

Capture.png

;)

I could have shared this earlier..........but as is often the case, its prudent for me to wait for the info to be somewhere in the public domain.

Which I noticed Oxford had done........

From said page:

View attachment 355366

For further clarity, the actual occupancy shows as one quarter earlier than I said (I understood fall)

View attachment 355367

See Timing above, bottom-right
Woohooo! I have to be honest, I didn't thing was ever going to happen. I'm stoked!!

Hopefully they would get a building permit first, LOL; which they don't yet have.
I never claimed I expected to see 'em poke shoring beams by tomorrow...that was more hopeful thinking with a dash of impatience on my part.

Although, it goes without saying that I hope they get their paper work lined up before they do anything...or will not end well for 'em.

I'm not sure if @Northern Light has any hidden insight in terms of someone within Oxford, but no one I know has heard anything about a lease here. It's my read from the website that it's just an ambitious goalpost.

I'm not sure if @Northern Light has any hidden insight in terms of someone within Oxford, but no one I know has heard anything about a lease here. It's my read from the website that it's just an ambitious goalpost.

I am not aware of any firm lease in place.

Hey I just looked at skyscraperpage.com and they have The Hub height listed as 257.9 m but do not provide a spire height, only listed as an antenna. As the "antenna" is free standing shouldn't it be listed as a spire instead? Perhaps I don't understand the rules.

Hey I just looked at skyscraperpage.com and they have The Hub height listed as 257.9 m but do not provide a spire height, only listed as an antenna. As the "antenna" is free standing shouldn't it be listed as a spire instead? Perhaps I don't understand the rules.

The "spire" is called a lightning rod by the developer, so that puts it in the same category as an antenna, which means it doesn't qualify as an official height.

The "spire" is called a lightning rod by the developer, so that puts it in the same category as an antenna, which means it doesn't qualify as an official height.
I'm making an assumption that the boxy component on the lightning rod is for corporate signage. If that is the case how would that be considered?

Hmm, what makes me think the tenant is someone Oxford recently sold a large chunk of New York City real estate to and is named after an impossibly large number?

If you're talking about Google, that's interesting because look at the colours on the logo:

Remind you of another company that uses those colours?

I realize google has their own building going up King, but I thought I read Oxford sold a large chunk of New York Real Estate to them so that's why I'm guessing you're talking about google.

If you're talking about Google, that's interesting because look at the colours on the logo:

Remind you of another company that uses those colours?

Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Ebay all share that colour scheme. Probably more.

Burger King gets close (needs Green). Apple has purple in addition to the others in their 1970's logo.

Oh, and the Olympics! Those colours are outlined in black!

Last edited:
Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Ebay all share that colour scheme. Probably more.

Burger King gets close (needs Green). Apple has purple in addition to the others in their 1970's logo.

Oh, and the Olympics! Those colours are outlined in black!

Right, but which one of those companies just purchased large real estate from Oxford in NY?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Microsoft, Nintendo, Ebay or Burger King.

Back