Right, but which one of those companies just purchased large real estate from Oxford in NY?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Microsoft, Nintendo, Ebay or Burger King.
The only one that purchased Hudson Yards in NYC for 2.1 billion was Google. I know you made it obvious but I am always a bit late to the game. So Google is buying this tower after they piled out of the waterfront?

The only one that purchased Hudson Yards in NYC for 2.1 billion was Google. I know you made it obvious but I am always a bit late to the game. So Google is buying this tower after they piled out of the waterfront?

I don't know. I mean Google already has their new building going up on King St. East, so why they would now be getting this building is surprising. I'm just saying another member hinted that the new tenant might be a company that purchased large real estate in NY recently from Oxford. AFAIK, that's Google so the first thing that jumped out at me were those colours on the Hub's logo.

Last edited:
I'm just saying another member hinted that the new tenant might a company that purchased large real estate in NY recently from Oxford. AFAIK, that's Google so the first thing that jumped out at me were those colours on the Hub's logo.
We had a couple of posts some pages back that pointed out that there’s no lease in place. Much as I would love to see more office towers built along the Waterfront, this one should probably be put in the TBD category for now.

There have been rumours floating around on the forum for quite some time that the anchor tenant here is Google (I'm talking at least a couple years back) but there is no main tenant yet as has been pointed out so it really is all speculation at this point, even if some of it is informed speculation

There have been rumours floating around on the forum for quite some time that the anchor tenant here is Google (I'm talking at least a couple years back) but there is no main tenant yet as has been pointed out so it really is all speculation at this point, even if some of it is informed speculation
Do you recall what triggered these rumours?

Google being an anchor tenant in this building would mean they’re enormously expanding their engineering presence in the city. As someone in the industry, as much as I want it to be true, this seems too good to be true.

Google being an anchor tenant in this building would mean they’re enormously expanding their engineering presence in the city. As someone in the industry, as much as I want it to be true, this seems too good to be true.
I have no idea. I'm fairly certain the rumours began before I discovered UT. When I initially joined it seemed as though google was a done deal here from what I saw people saying on the forum, but that tune has obviously changed.

I'm not sure if the rumors started for this reason, but an interesting point to make is while Google might be happy with the amount of space they have in Toronto, they are in desperate need of more space in Kitchener-Waterloo (even with the large new building Allied is building for them there they still won't have enough space). I heard a figure of over 1000 employees within the next few years in that region. So rumors may be based on speculation that Google will find more space in Toronto that it can't fill in Kitchener fast enough. Those rumors don't make much sense though as Google has made due with Manulife's old office space around Downtown Kitchener to fill that gap for now until they can get more space.

A little more on topic to this building: I hope that whichever tenant signs on leaves the retail space as retail (as the brochure shows the allowance of the space as amenity.) With how internalized the retail is in this area, every bit of space matters to maximize the benefit of useful retail and overall animation of the space.

Toronto Model 10-17-21 The Hub.png

My understanding is that Oxford is not saying the building will be completed by 2025; they're saying that IF they found a tenant then it could be ready by 2025.

I seem to recall them previously saying that it would be ready in 2023, then they said 2024... By next year if they still don't have tenants, they'll be advertising a date of 2026.

My understanding is that Oxford is not saying the building will be completed by 2025; they're saying that IF they found a tenant then it could be ready by 2025.

I seem to recall them previously saying that it would be ready in 2023, then they said 2024... By next year if they still don't have tenants, they'll be advertising a date of 2026.

Looks like they'll be advertising for 2026...lol.

Oxford has bumped the date in its Marketing Materials already, they are currently saying '2027'

...that's a date that's getting closer to the ones that will be posted on tombstones of a few readers the rate that's going. /sigh

Last edited:

Back