IMG_2116.JPG

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
What are some of you going on about? Sure, there's some spandrel panel, but it's close in colour to the windows, so that's inoffensive, and there are no waist-height spandrels other than where there's an operable window, so that's actually good, and not a mess. Going on about this building as if it was particularly problematic just makes one look like a thoughtless braying donkey to me.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
What are some of you going on about? Sure, there's some spandrel panel, but it's close in colour to the windows, so that's inoffensive, and there are no waist-height spandrels other than where there's an operable window, so that's actually good, and not a mess. Going on about this building as if it was particularly problematic just makes one look like a thoughtless braying donkey to me.

It's no looker but agreed, it's not completely incompetent. Doesn't mean it's good, just far worse going up in this city.

TossYourJacket

Member Bio
Reaction score

I guess I'm a terrible person for thinking replacing the only gay club in the city with a generic blob of grey spandrel is a bad thing. My bad, I'll try and be nicer to completely uninspired architecture in the future.

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
That it's replacing a gay club is irrelevant. You keep dropping that comment as if it's some grand statement and killer argument. If you're upset at losing the venue, the architecture is irrelevant; shouldn't you be mad at the club owners for selling? So tiresome.