sonellecrawford

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Landing at Little Lake: a 7 & 4-storey seniors home and condo development designed by Ryan Company Architect for 1815496 Ontario Limited on the north side of Little Lake Drive, east of Cream Drive in the Little Lake neighbourhood of Barrie.
Renderings from the project website.
Gallery-01.jpg
Gallery-02.jpg
Gallery-03.jpg
Gallery-07.jpg
Gallery-08.jpg
Gallery-09.jpg
Gallery-10.jpg
Gallery-11.jpg
Little-Lake-Site_nodock-min.jpg

The Landing at Little Lake: a 7 & 4-storey seniors home and condo development designed by Ryan Company Architect for 1815496 Ontario Limited on the north side of Little Lake Drive, east of Cream Drive in the Little Lake neighbourhood of Barrie.
Renderings from the project website.
View attachment 452375View attachment 452376View attachment 452377View attachment 452378View attachment 452379View attachment 452380View attachment 452381View attachment 452382View attachment 452383
Are they supplying all those mountains in the renderings too? Beautiful idea but that would be a lot of property to acquire and I would imagine quite the environmental impact

Are they supplying all those mountains in the renderings too? Beautiful idea but that would be a lot of property to acquire and I would imagine quite the environmental impact
The "mountains" in the distance actually exist. You're up in the Mount St Louis-Moonstone/Horseshoe Valley area of Ontario in those distant horizons.

@ben.thebean1 ; to add to @interchange42 's correct observation, let me add a streetview of the area which reflects the above.

1674705186519.png

This is immediately to the north of the site in question (Little Lake Drive) and the best streetview I could find that shows the rise in the topography across the Lake.

The "mountains" in the distance actually exist. You're up in the Mount St Louis-Moonstone/Horseshoe Valley area of Ontario in those distant horizons.

@ben.thebean1 ; to add to @interchange42 's correct observation, let me add a streetview of the area which reflects the above.

View attachment 452564

This is immediately to the north of the site in question (Little Lake Drive) and the best streetview I could find that shows the rise in the topography across the Lake.
I would still argue the renderings are exaggerated quite a bit, I go up there all the time to ski and I would die to have mountains that big here haha. There's definitely some major elevation changes once you get up past Barrie but they have a full mountain range pictured, comparable to the Laurentians, that seems to be mainly east which makes even less sense.
This is way off topic though so I won't keep rambling, but because I'm just that sure I took a screenshot from Google Earth in 3D from the same spot as the one rendering, it's just horizon past the hills in the midground
Gallery-03.jpg
Screenshot_20230125_112928.png

Back