There are so many great pics from so many great contributors and I hope I have rightly hit 'like' or 'love' on them all.

But want to single out @BloorMan for his excellent contributions and insights about same. Great work!

Last edited:
Part 1 of 2 taken on April 24, 2024:

Spadina and Macpherson:

IMG_2611.jpeg
IMG_2612.jpeg
IMG_2613.jpeg

Bay and Cumberland:

IMG_2617.jpeg

Balmuto Side:

IMG_2618.jpeg

Back Alley:

IMG_2619.jpeg
IMG_2620.jpeg
IMG_2621.jpeg

Bloor Side:

IMG_2622.jpeg
IMG_2623.jpeg
IMG_2624.jpeg
IMG_2625.jpeg

Please tell me the mechanical level exterior highlighted in the red box below will be covered with something?

I don’t mind the industrial look of it. (It is a mechanical level after all.) But it needs to be finished with some other colour than black to provide a nice contrast to the beautiful dark glazing.

View attachment 559074
I don’t even mind the fact that is black, but I agree, if that’s the final look, it leaves a little to be desired. We’ll see.

Please tell me the mechanical level exterior highlighted in the red box below will be covered with something?

I don’t mind the industrial look of it. (It is a mechanical level after all.) But it needs to be finished with some other colour than black to provide a nice contrast to the beautiful dark glazing.

View attachment 559074
IMG_1581.jpeg

Lots of trucks lined up on Yonge St today. I saw them lifting some black rectangular object this morning while the police closed off traffic. The corners lower down got poured today and it looks like the forms for the columns for the next level are starting to go in. My picture taken from Yonge and St Clair shows how the One and 11 Yorkville compare.

20240425_150217.jpg
20240425_164629.jpg
20240425_164641.jpg
20240425_164647.jpg

Thank you.

I’ve seen that pic before but to me it is a bit inconclusive. Is it the glow of the lights? Look at the exterior to the elevator shaft further below. That portion we know is complete and is a “dark grey” but in that pic it appears the same golden as the mechanical levels.

That said, hope it turns out like that golden colour.

Thank you.

I’ve seen that pic before but to me it is a bit inconclusive. Is it the glow of the lights? Look at the exterior to the elevator shaft further below. That portion we know is complete and is a “dark grey” but in that pic it appears the same golden as the mechanical levels.

That said, hope it turns out like that golden colour.
Yeah, I see, but I think it’s more likely incomplete because, the colour might be different because of different lighting, whereas the texture seems the same as on rendering, but at the mechanical level looks like texture is not the same, will see…

Back