Since we're throwing renders of Yorkville out there, I thought I'd put my submission in too:

Toronto Model 09-18-20 The One.png

What are the yellow structures for?
As mentioned above. The supercolumns are at a 45 degree angle on the first floor to maximize floor space for the anchor tenant. The yellow structures are temporary support while they build the first level.

There was a diagram a couple pages back that illustrated this.

So I guess we know more supercolumns will be arriving shortly, unless those banana braces are all there for show...

The base and the height should be the same length to maintain a 45-degree angle and the triangle at the top of the banana stand does not look to have equal sides. Even if you moved the angled brace over to the base of the lower support.

I mean, I'm sure the designers and the builders know what they're doing with these braces, but wanted to point it out. Maybe they have additional braces that go above these to cover the gap to the supercolumn?

Quick markup of the image from @AdamS. If the sides were equal, then the base of the lower brace (centerline) should be where the horizontal black line ends.

1600711626433.png

The base and the height should be the same length to maintain a 45-degree angle and the triangle at the top of the banana stand does not look to have equal sides. Even if you moved the angled brace over to the base of the lower support.

I mean, I'm sure the designers and the builders know what they're doing with these braces, but wanted to point it out. Maybe they have additional braces that go above these to cover the gap to the supercolumn?

Quick markup of the image from @AdamS. If the sides were equal, then the base of the lower brace (centerline) should be where the horizontal black line ends.

View attachment 270867

I don't believe the diagonal supports coming up from the supercolumns are at 45 degree angle anyways.

AoD

Yeah I may have been guilty of dropping the 45 degree angle comment (even though I have an engineering degree from a respected online university based in Mar-a-Lago, Florida). I should have just said "supports for angled steel".

Yeah I may have been guilty of dropping the 45 degree angle comment (even though I have an engineering degree from a respected online university based in Mar-a-Lago, Florida). I should have just said "supports for angled steel".
No way! FAKE NEWS!

Back