Photos taken today, Friday (Sept. 20). The forms on top have moved up a level since my post last Friday, and they are working on level 70/71, which translates to a height of 239/242 metres, equalling or surpassing the height of Commerce Court West, the tallest building in Toronto from 1972 until 1975, when surpassed by First Canadian Place the current title-holder. That now makes it the #7 tallest building in the city (8th if you include the CN Tower). Work on the corners below moving quickly after the hangers were attached between levels 64 and 59 last week, the corner floors for level 60 about to be done. Further down, the Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) installing the skin have moved up since last week on the east and north side, now installing level 40, which is partly visible on the south face. The west RCS remains at level 39.

After my Flickr "time-lapse" album addition, the views from the south, first from Yonge and Alexander, then showing both the tower higher at top compared to last week, and a closer look above the second mechanical level where some of the skin for level 40 is now installed. Then a sharp angle looking at the crane from close to the SW corner of the tower, looking straight up from the Yonge Street side, then one by Holt Renfrew on Bloor from the NW. The view from Cumberland east of Bay, tight shots of the top and second mega-section, views from the NE at Bloor and Yonge, both wide and then tight of the east and north RCSs clearing level 39 above the 2nd mechanical level, and finally the view from Devonshire to the west and from Hoskin to the SW. [edit- added extra photo Sunday.]

UTIMG_9825.jpg
UTIMG_9620.jpg
UTIMG_9669.jpg
UTIMG_9744.jpg
UTIMG_0177.jpg
UTIMG_9797-2.jpg
UTIMG_0120.jpg
UTIMG_0075.jpg
UTIMG_0018.jpg
UTIMG_9967.jpg
UTIMG_9874.jpg
UTIMG_9913.jpg
UTIMG_0260.jpg
UTIMG_0286.jpg

Last edited:
The top of the core looks to be about the same height as at least the 73rd floor of 1BE. To account for 1BE's mechanical penthouse, let's call it a 79 storey building, so another 6 storeys or so before The One overtakes it and reigns over Bloor/Yorkville.

@ImmenselyMental is so darn quick that my pics from late yesterday are now out of order in the thread!
Absolutely, it wouldn't even be a normal day for me without checking on the forum to see what is going on.

Although I take photos of this project almost daily now, I decided to take this photo today from Yorkville Avenue and Avenue Road instead of my usual locations:

20240921_091320.jpeg

Back