I wonder if the plan is to add two more towers against those blank walls on Bloor and Yonge? Surely those retail buildings are not long for this world and the land assembly will continue.

Yes HMV is holding out which threatens full realization of the plan. Are the owners based in Toronto? They must be sitting on a generous profit. Very dissapointing.

Great, so it looks like they'll plant plastic fake trees along Yonge st. Otherwise I can't fathom green leaves in the winter.

my friend its just a render don't take it seriously! ;)

and I don't like the color scheme. the exoskeleton should be lightning red and the glass should be black. bronze exoskeleton make it look like its an old building which has rusted over time.

I wonder if the plan is to add two more towers against those blank walls on Bloor and Yonge? Surely those retail buildings are not long for this world and the land assembly will continue.

I'm not in favour of relatively unfinished walls in anticipation of future build. For example: on Jarvis and Queen, two service stations sit next to a poorly finished side wall of a new condo. It could take 5-50 years for a new build adjacent to this structure, and the sight will pollute the public sphere for a long time. I'm not asking them to emplace gilded panels, just something more interesting than a flat blank wall.

...bronze exoskeleton makes it look like it's an old building which has rusted over time.

This is the exact reason why I love the building. We need more use of Corten steel and the like in new builds.

Lightning red? A little red goes a long way...should be used sparingly. Look to Picasso for the way that red should be used well. We wouldn't want an eyesore here.

This is the exact reason why I love the building. We need more use of Corten steel and the like in new builds.

Lightning red? A little red goes a long way...should be used sparingly. Look to Picasso for the way that red should be used well. We wouldn't want an eyesore here.

Corten don't stay red - see the US Steel/UPMC Tower in Pittsburgh, which is clad in the material and ended up looking more dirty rusty grey. Beyond that, the material stains sidewalks.

As to applying red to the diagrid, not a bad idea, but it would make it look more Rogers than Foster - see the RSP proposal for Transbay Center in SF.

AoD

Last edited:
Lightning red?

same shade as pomegranate red.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...OVabsDcGlyASA7YHYAQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CC8QMygHMAc

and NBGtect, im sure it wont look like an eyesore. look at this one
images[10].jpg

Attachments

• images[10].jpg
    images[10].jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,290
Last edited:
my friend its just a render don't take it seriously! ;)

and I don't like the color scheme. the exoskeleton should be lightning red and the glass should be black. bronze exoskeleton make it look like its an old building which has rusted over time.

As much as I'd love to see that, I don't think that will ever happen. :(

Burgundy's Restaurant is closing April 5 and will be moving down Yonge to just north of Charles. I saw some of the new sign today and I think it said Burg's Bar & Grill.

The finely patterned land division in Benito's pictures reminds me of the seigneuries of Quebec, those long narrow frontages with access to the St Lawrence. Yonge really was like a river I suppose, and all you needed was a slip of frontage.

Back