The finely patterned land division in Benito's pictures reminds me of the seigneuries of Quebec, those long narrow frontages with access to the St Lawrence. Yonge really was like a river I suppose, and all you needed was a slip of frontage.

Since lots were taxed based on street frontage in the 19th century, many were divided into long and narrow lots--to minimize taxes. A long but narrow lot meant minimal taxes and maximum lot size. That's why Bay and Gable houses are long and narrow--to fit on narrow lots.

Last edited:
Steel framework is being disassembled by hand this morning. A worker told me the steel for the rooftop sign will be taken down by crane either one evening or on a weekend.

Steel framework is being disassembled by hand this morning. A worker told me the steel for the rooftop sign will be taken down by crane either one evening or on a weekend.

IMG_2033.JPG

This was a few days ago...just caught them cutting the metal out my window at work...

Attachments

• IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    1,010 KB · Views: 1,617
so 328.6m then

Who would have thought our first supertall would be at Yonge & Bloor. I would have thought somewhere in the core and not residential.

Many, many people were predicting Yonge and Bloor. Besides, our first supertall is technically already approved at King and John.

And remember, this one is still a long way from approval. Lots can change between then and now.

Far too many parking spaces. Then this Mink area, need that space for the single rider as using transit at their door step is below their standards.

Was talking to someone and that 100s is coming that been talked about for sometime.

Far too many parking spaces. Then this Mink area, need that space for the single rider as using transit at their door step is below their standards.

Was talking to someone and that 100s is coming that been talked about for sometime.

If I am buying anything 600k and over I at least want a spot for my potential Porsche (Ferrari, Lambo) whether I have one or not.

People who can afford to live here at the likely very high prices this will cost will have cars regardless of the fact that it is at Yonge and Bloor. They do need the parking spaces for these units in my opinion.

Last edited:
Especially since they have the privilege of living in such a prominent spot with public transit all around, it shouldn’t be made so easy for them to drive. I wish the City had maximum parking rules.

Especially since they have the privilege of living in such a prominent spot with public transit all around, it shouldn’t be made so easy for them to drive. I wish the City had maximum parking rules.

So now we're going to dictate who should or should not have the right to own a car based on location? Ridiculous...

So now we're going to dictate who should or should not have the right to own a car based on location? Ridiculous...

No one is questioning their right to own whatever expensive toy with 4 wheels, they just may not be able to park it in their building if proper planning is applied.

They also have the right to buy a condo in a different building if having a parking space is so important to them :)

The builder isn't stupid, he knows that these buyers won't buy here without parking. Therefore there is parking available.

Back