I actually talked to KWT about this and her only real concern was the FSI.

The public meeting was also hugely positive, and other than the FSI issue this largely meets most planning regulations. If they can snap up some more properties the FSI would drop and the project would probably sail through approvals.

This morning. The metal frame that held up the billboards is completely gone.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,003
I am not particularly scared of heights... but I do have an irrational fear of dropping my glasses and camera etc from heights. Benito I hope you have a tight grip.

I actually talked to KWT about this and her only real concern was the FSI.

The public meeting was also hugely positive, and other than the FSI issue this largely meets most planning regulations. If they can snap up some more properties the FSI would drop and the project would probably sail through approvals.

What do you mean by FSI? Sorry im a noob

This building has an FSI of something like 18, which is really high, if not the highest in the city.

Planners get antsy over FSIs, although I often find them a bit silly as a building being oversized depends so much on its context, what's around it, and FSIs don't take that into account.

This building has an FSI of something like 18, which is really high, if not the highest in the city.

Planners get antsy over FSIs, although I often find them a bit silly as a building being oversized depends so much on its context, what's around it, and FSIs don't take that into account.

I think Trump was very high - definitely way more than 18 (which I think is relatively low by downtown standards).

See: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2003/agendas/committees/to/to030121/it010b.pdf

In comparison, the Bazis 1 Bloor proposal has a FSI of close to 18:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-15763.pdf

AoD

Last edited:

I was under the impression it was 31.5?

From the city doc: "The application proposes a mixed-use building with a height of 318 metres (plus elevator overruns) and a density of 31.5 times the area of the lot."

I was under the impression it was 31.5?

From the city doc: "The application proposes a mixed-use building with a height of 318 metres (plus elevator overruns) and a density of 31.5 times the area of the lot."

That is correct. If Mizrahi acquires the two sites all the way to Balmuto, it will increase the size of the site by about 1/3 (eyeballing), which will reduce the FSI to around the mid 20s (assuming the podium will be extended all the way along Bloor)

AoD

Last edited:
And IIRC, that TD Bank report someone linked to a while back basically stated anything above 17 fsi was comfortably profitable.

Back