http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2015/05/ones-design-evolves

16115-54209.jpg

Looks good.

The suites with the least view blockage would sell the best - i.e at the top of the hanger.
Between the super columns, the square frames seem to create a low bulkhead for some windows on that same floor.

The suites at the bottom of the hanger have almost their entire corner blocked off (though there is a column there, too)

I'm not a fan of the current direction at all. Funny, I wasn't crazy about the original design at first, but now I think it was quite beautiful. I definitely prefer the diamond cross bracing in the original incarnation and hope it can make a return. It gave the building a more fluid aesthetic.

My initial reaction is that i prefer the original version. Gotta absorb this a little more I suppose.

The first design was way way better, more elegant with the diamond design than this latest proposal. Also, the new roof is quite hideous. I'm disappointed.

I'm not sure how I feel about this design yet.. Maybe it needs to simmer with me for a while...

If I think about it... The old design was rather jarring for me - in a good way. The width and height of the building gave it a presence, an anchor of the Yorkville skyline, analogous to FCP downtown.

This will be too skinny... Girth is very important.

Last edited:
I love how skinny it is. We have nothing else like this in Toronto with the combination of tall, slim and exoskeleton. I'm very hopeful. Of course this isn't the final design so this will evolve further.

I count 17 repetitions of the basic 6-floor "hanger" unit, that's 102 average floor heights. In the render, some have 4 floors plus a setback (amenity or mechanical floors?) that looks equivalent in height to another 2 floors.

Creative renders? Or a massive reduction in floor-to-floor height to allow more units? (328.6m into 102 floors is still 3.22m per floor, about average for Toronto.)

Also, the 2nd through 4th segments have double-height commercial floors, so 12 fewer floors there, plus the lowest segment may have even higher ceilings, with maybe 2 floors (can't really tell). And if the "mechanical floors" are each just a single double-height floor, that means a total of 84 floors.

Last edited:

Back