Let's just hope this driveway gets resolves, and the project continues to move forwards. I agree that it has seemingly been moving very quickly compared to other large projects. I think some are just concerned with this project in particular because it has been addressed many times how important the timeline here is for potential commercial tenants. No one (ok maybe some) want to see this end up a parking lot or a hole indefinitely.

It won't stay a hole indefinitely. It's Yonge and Bloor.

A surprising amount of naysayers and nervous Nellies on this site!

Isn't discussing the latest TEYCC meeting and the reasoning behind the deferral appropriate. KWT has been on the record stating that she will delay this application or make it difficult (for the life of me, I cannot find the interview or recall the precise language, but when I do, I will post it). Is it not reasonable to then question her motives and this one month deferral?

Exactly.

And for people who think that criticizing a public official in her absence is somehow unfair, you're wrong.

It won't stay a hole indefinitely. It's Yonge and Bloor.

A surprising amount of naysayers and nervous Nellies on this site!

Guess you didn't endure the Metropolis "blue hoarding" debacle where a corner of the busiest pedestrian intersection in the country at Yonge & Dundas remained a hole in the ground surrounded by rotting blue hoarding for a decade.

It's a legitimate concern. Demolition permits should not be granted for prominent locations like these until the developer is ready to build.

Exactly.

And for people who think that criticizing a public official in her absence is somehow unfair, you're wrong.

Who's saying that you can't criticize someone in their absence? Would be kind of impossible for councillors to be on a forum all the time, and do their job. I don't even know how I do it, and my job is not as complex or time consuming.

It's a legitimate concern. Demolition permits should not be granted for prominent locations like these until the developer is ready to build.
Sure it's a legitimate concern. Dundas and Yonge had long been pretty junky. Even Bloor and Yonge has had its drab aspects, admittedly. Still, I just don't see it happening at this particular site; I hope that proves to be the case in very short order.

Sorry to bust everyone's bubble., But I'm not gonna get excited for this on as one bloor has shadow issues and get cut. This things definitely not gonna go a head. Same issue more or less same area. Only more shadows will hit the lovely houses in the vicinity. Nice cool design though.
Just saying don't get your hopes up for this spot having a tall building if the one kiddy corner to it is just as tall or... Was! And can't be redeemed by a shorter design.

What? You didn't bust a bubble so much as pop a gasket... so you're predicting The One will end up being the same height as 1BE? That's some crystal ball you think you have.

well, how do you figure can they make a building of a similar hieght and be even closer to the houses. How can it possibly go a head being placed where it is when only across the street literally got cut down again due to shadows. Same issues same type of situation. Same area. I'm hoping all the proposals go through. As they have been pretty fantastic. I'm just not getting excited for fancy drawings anymore as they always get cut or resigned for the silliest reasons.

Last edited:

Back