Honestly I don't know enough about anything involved to really have any informed opinion about the likelihood of this project running into issues but it is pretty funny how people in this thread will take literally anything, including ongoing construction, as an opportunity to continue to predict doom.

At the rate the super columns are being inserted (3/31 so far?), it probably won't be until the summer that the foundation is poured, and late summer that it hits ground level.
Please don't speculate if you don't have exact information. From @Benito's updates, they have clearly inserted more than 3 so far, and then covered them up.

Duj5e3qUYAA8mGu.jpg
Nasty.... just noticed the $61.5MM debit is subordinated debt. The parent debt is $147MM. Funny how they put that in such fine print.

Honestly I don't know enough about anything involved to really have any informed opinion about the likelihood of this project running into issues but it is pretty funny how people in this thread will take literally anything, including ongoing construction, as an opportunity to continue to predict doom.

The underlying theme is that of jealousy. People want to see him fail mostly because they are jealous and unable to fathom that someone could have the cajones to build this.
If he was a stock, I would short him simply because I think this venture is too ambitious, but I admire his lay-it on the line attitude.

Here are my 2 cents on Mizrahi and this project. some might say that Mizrahi is not credible enough to build this project but the thing is if he had no intentions to build this project or he didn't have funds why would he take the Risk of getting bankrupt, he would have cancelled the project right away. guys give him a chance its not that easy to build a $ billion project, he and his team are probably working hard on this project and by criticizing him on here we are not helping it. what if some investor read our comments on here and had his doubts and backed out of investing in the project. we are only damaging his image by making assumptions on here. this project might see some delays and wont be complete by the given date but it will be built. PEACE :)

Here are my 2 cents on Mizrahi and this project. some might say that Mizrahi is not credible enough to build this project but the thing is if he had no intentions to build this project or he didn't have funds why would he take the Risk of getting bankrupt, he would have cancelled the project right away. guys give him a chance its not that easy to build a $ billion project, he and his team are probably working hard on this project and by criticizing him on here we are not helping it. what if some investor read our comments on here and had his doubts and backed out of investing in the project. we are only damaging his image by making assumptions on here. this project might see some delays and wont be complete by the given date but it will be built. PEACE :)

If there are investors out there who are swayed by anonymous comments made on the internet, I wouldn't want their money in the first place.

I prefer a board of respectful discussion and critique rather than a cheerleading squad.

Unless there's an actual serious matter that emerges, no comments on here will damage his reputation any more than his own actions.

Plenty of ego-maniacs have dick measuring contests. Had he decided to build a 64 story condo called Mizrahi-YongeBloor nobody aside from harcore construction fans and condo buyers would really notice or care much. He did not. He's building the tallest tower in the country with a résumé bereft of megastructure condo execution therefore criticism and even skepticism are warranted.

As for investors...they don't read this forum - they stare at the calendar and wait for their money.

I'm astounded and appalled by the latest wave of petty pessimists and cringe-worthy critics who clearly lust over the prospect of failure of this game changing tower. It's as though they are actually wishing it NOT to succeed so they can perhaps proclaim, see, I'm smarter than the long line of professionals and financiers and buyers who've scrutinized this project 6 ways from Sunday long before plans were approved, before and after the ground-breaking, all the while the hole was being dug, before the crane was ordered and now, as it rises above the street, they've renewed their petulant expectations, dreamt up new but equally vacant theories and apocalyptic pronouncements.

Perhaps they should all get together and start a Pessimists Club?

Nah, it'd never work.

Go, Mizrahi et al, keep proving them wrong.

Back