I’m looking forward to this pour. The forms around the elevator shafts look to be about 3 feet tall which is about how far the bottom of the floor forms are from street level. We’ll officially be at grade after this pour.

9196DE85-AF43-4D3C-9E1A-E89622EF6CEE.jpeg

I’m looking forward to this pour. The forms around the elevator shafts look to be about 3 feet tall which is about how far the bottom of the floor forms are from street level. We’ll officially be at grade after this pour.

View attachment 217910
Once the pour is complete, it would be time to announce the winner of the contest.

Reporting in as requested. Here are the contest entrants still alive as of today:
Ottawan - December 9
Old Boy - December 13
VZ64 - December 15
Kotsy - December 20
Neilv - December 31
Brian YYZ - January 6, 2020

If this snow persists, I don't think we're going anywhere for a while. The last time it snowed, all concrete pouring work stopped. Put my name in the hat for April 29, 2020 ?

Does anyone know how, or what, will plug the hole that the black crane tower now sits in? The elevator shafts are located at the western perimeter of the site. What will occupy the shaft that the crane tower now sits in?

Thanks GabrielHurl, I often wondered how those crane shafts were dealt with. I suppose, in a condo building, they could be converted into little elevator shafts for deliveries only. Or a really tall fire pole.

Back