Today.
5A80C80E-A560-445D-9B57-9246867EDDDA.jpeg
4E595F4C-0BFF-46DC-8A3F-0DD035F01CF9.jpeg
B6524973-0E8C-4C0A-B75A-9CC6F9A8D3FC.jpeg
2E434120-DF07-4C32-8FEA-D4B84D4A8BCE.jpeg
313AA686-1D5E-4921-9066-8C8E5A304F2E.jpeg

I take from that, they got the necessary permits to carryon. That sounds like a bit more than making the site safe to leave unattended.

I take from that, they got the necessary permits to carryon. That sounds like a bit more than making the site safe to leave unattended.
No above-grade permit has been issued. The site does not qualify as essential construction. It will be shut down.

Too bad. Enough sites still active to keep fans engaged. Hopefully by July we will see activity increase again.

No above-grade permit has been issued. The site does not qualify as essential construction. It will be shut down.

Thanks Kenojuak for all the amazingly detailed and professional analysis/updates over the past few months!
Just curious how this would happen? Would they get another stop work order? And if most of the people in planning are not at work, how would they know/issue/enforce this?

Thanks Kenojuak for all the amazingly detailed and professional analysis/updates over the past few months!
Just curious how this would happen? Would they get another stop work order? And if most of the people in planning are not at work, how would they know/issue/enforce this?
That’s nice of you to say. I enjoy researching and sharing what I find.

I asked a friend in Toronto Building about this exact question. Enforcement of the provincial emergency order is being done by Toronto Police and Municipal Licensing & Standards, largely complaint driven, but Toronto Building is also starting proactive site inspections to enforce this order. Planning is really never involved in site enforcement of any kind. They will confirm to Building whether certain milestones have been met, such as a parkland dedication etc., in order for a project to proceed.

Last edited:

I asked a friend in Toronto Building about this exact question. Enforcement of the provincial emergency order is being done by Toronto Police and Municipal Licensing & Standards generally speaking, largely complaint driven, but Toronto Building is also starting proactive site inspections to enforce this order.
Yeah yeah, no developer should and i doubt they are breaking the rules on permits and orders right now .
.... but come on, the Toronto Police, Municipal Licensing & Standards, and Toronto Building, have much bigger fish to fry at the moment

I asked a friend in Toronto Building about this exact question. Enforcement of the provincial emergency order is being done by Toronto Police and Municipal Licensing & Standards, largely complaint driven, but Toronto Building is also starting proactive site inspections to enforce this order. Planning is really never involved in site enforcement of any kind. They will confirm to Building whether certain milestones have been met, such as a parkland dedication etc., in order for a project to proceed.
Let's hope nobody complains then. I'm looking at you, @Kenojuak.

Yeah yeah, no developer should and i doubt they are breaking the rules on permits and orders right now .
.... but come on, the Toronto Police, Municipal Licensing & Standards, and Toronto Building, have much bigger fish to fry at the moment

Mizrahi built his entire foundation without a permit. Obviously thinks he is above the rules. He is now operating a construction site in flagrant violation of an emergency public health order. It makes me wonder what other corners he has cut.

Let's hope nobody complains then. I'm looking at you, @Kenojuak.

Hadn’t occurred to me until now. Thanks for the prompt. I’m going to call it in. I don’t make the rules, but in a public health emergency I expect everyone to follow them.

Mizrahi built his entire foundation without a permit. Obviously thinks he is above the rules. He is now operating a construction site in flagrant violation of an emergency public health order. It makes me wonder what other corners he has cut.

Hadn’t occurred to me until now. Thanks for the prompt. I’m going to call it in. I don’t make the rules, but in a public health emergency I expect everyone to follow them.
Thanks for showing us your true colours. You know what they say, Karma is a b*tch.

Back