Frenetic Fridays... can't say I've seen so much activity on site. And yes, they're super. (Sorry @Benito: was in the area and couldn't resist).....

TheOne1.jpg

TheOne2.jpg

TheOne3.jpg

TheOne4.jpg

TheOne5.jpg

TheOne6.jpg

TheOne7.jpg

Considerable activity on the west side...

TheOne8.jpg

From the SW vantage point...

TheOne9.jpg

TheOne10.jpg

TheOne11.jpg

Forming on the south side...

TheOne12.jpg

SE corner of site...

TheOne13.jpg

TheOne14.jpg

Last edited:
Bets on the number of UrbanToronto pages when the building is topped out? This is a very active thread (for good reason, I'm pretty damn excited)

This is exciting! I guess the next step after all the columns are in place is to fill them with concrete?

Frenetic Fridays... can't say I've seen so much activity on site. And yes, they're super. (Sorry @Benito: was in the area and couldn't resist)....

View attachment 271716

Interesting - I was expecting some boltholes at the top of that beam. Maybe that shaped sheet metal is covering some sort of slot for a pin/slot connection?

Another interesting thing - you can see higher circumferential rebar densities in the supercolumn where it connects to other elements (the diagonal beams, presumable floor beams at the top).

AoD

Last edited:
Frenetic Fridays... can't say I've seen so much activity on site. And yes, they're super. (Sorry @Benito: was in the area and couldn't resist).....

View attachment 271703

View attachment 271704

View attachment 271705

View attachment 271706

View attachment 271707

View attachment 271708

View attachment 271709

View attachment 271710

From the SW vantage point...

View attachment 271711

View attachment 271712

View attachment 271713

Forming on the south side...

View attachment 271714

SE corner of site...

View attachment 271715

View attachment 271716

Jesus. Those really are SUPER columns!

I guess they’ll have 82x4 one story versions of those coming up? Or will the tower be built in a more traditional manner above this?

I have no inside knowledge, but columns often span multiple floors. The columns down low might be single storey (on account of how large the storey is), but I'd imagine they'll be multi-storey as the building advances

That temporary bracing appears to be welded right onto the beams. Not that I am surprised at this...as they really don't want those to go anywhere before they become supports for the building proper. So I am going to figure.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back