it's not a single cable. it's bunch of cables twisted together, appears to be one cable. Physics/engineering is pretty cool ehh!

7D21F6EF-7C73-49EA-860D-ADD072641943.jpeg

it's not a single cable. it's bunch of cables twisted together, appears to be one cable. Physics/engineering is pretty cool ehh!
Not having been born yesterday, I do know that a cable is a type of rope, namely a number of strands (in this case of wire) twisted together for strength. It's not a cable without having multiple strands…

…and yet it's still amazing to me how much you can lift with a skinny cable. Blows my mind.

Not having been born yesterday, I do know that a cable is a type of rope, namely a number of strands (in this case of wire) twisted together for strength. It's not a cable without having multiple strands…

…and yet it's still amazing to me how much you can lift with a skinny cable. Blows my mind.

They are also referrer as chokers. They come in all shape and length as well thickness depending the job requirements.

So I had to google what delights await in these crates...and seele is a high end product specializing in building envelopes.

For what it's worth, here's seele's facade for the Apple store in Bangkok: https://seele.com/references/apple-retail-store-iconsiam

Edit: seele appears to be a go-to for Apple. Here's their work for the Hong Kong store (https://seele.com/references/apple-retail-store-canton-road) and there's a write up on a bunch of their other projects (https://www.bpcmag.com/case-studies/seele-inc/). I didn't realize they'd supplied the bridge between the Eaton Centre and the Bay. So this should be a treat, at least!

Last edited:
They are also referrer as chokers. They come in all shape and length as well thickness depending the job requirements.

There are four chokers connecting the hook to the cab, but I'm pretty sure the original comment about the cable was about the single part of line feeding into the block, which is definitely not a choker.

Plot twist. It actually is a cable of cables. Cableception..?

To my understanding it's the goal of the industry to create cables with the tensile strength of spider's silk or better. I'm not sure they are there yet. But it's getting pretty impressive of that they can do today.

...and speaking of side-topic rabbit holes, tensile strength and what we ultimately want do with it, also see: Arthur C. Clarke's, Fountains of Paradise.

Back